H & R model 340 /.308 Win Cal

cocopolo

I have been looking for months for information about a rifle I bought in 1982. At the time it was on promotion and a good price and had a modified mauser bolt action with internal magasine...I've bagged many deer with it over the years..It's a great little rifle with hardwood stock and cheek piece. It is an H & R model 340. in .308 win cal. It is not even mentionned in the H & R internet sight.

Does anybody out there know some history on this gun..The only thing I found out from a dubious source is that it was only produced for two years.

Sometimes I wonder how come I always end up with unknown guns such as my Manufrance "de La Salle" pump shotgun chrome lined with 3 inch chamber...and I only have a few guns. Of course when Istarted buying them years ago I did not have a clue about guns at all...I bought them all 25 years ago when I was young and stupid and just bought them because they looked nice...

Now that I'm old and as wise as a tree full of owls I'd like to knowwhat other people think of the guns I own... .