H&R Mk II Revolver

Wisesfour

How would I find out the possible value of my H&R, MK II, 92 (not .32) S&W? I know it's rare and was used by the British police during WW II? But, I'm thinking of selling and would like any history or value of the gun. Thanks

Lucas McCain

The best source for S&W info is the S&W forum. And awful lot of knowledge there.
Sorry I technoclly challenged and don't know how to add a link.

gyvel

How about some photos? They would help immensely. Sounds like you have a H&R Defender which the British purchased during WWII when they were desperate for arms. The caliber is .38 S&W, (not .38 S&W Special), and the guns aren't especially rare. Without a picture it's practically impossible to see the context in which "92" is used, but, if it's a metric caliber designation (which the Brits did not used in WWII), it's most likely "9.2."

Again: Pictures, please.

gyvel

The pics help, but a pic of the whole revolver would also help.

My original surmise, based on the info you gave, that the gun is an H&R Defender .38 S&W is incorrect.

From the pics it appears that you have a large frame .32 S&W revolver with some type of plastic grips. The caliber stamped on the barrel is not "92," but "32" with the "3" being badly mis-stamped so as to look like a "9."

Is there any writing on the top of the barrel? It could be an Iver Johnson as well. Do the grips have an owl head logo?

James K

Member In Memoriam
That is not an S&W revolver of any kind, though it is chambered for the .32 S&W cartridge. (It is called that because it was developed for S&W and first used by them, but dozens of revolver makers, large and small, made guns for it.)

Both Iver Johnson and Harrington & Richardson made revolvers of that type in the U.S., but that gun does not appear to be from either company. If there are no markings on the top or the other side of the barrel, I would suspect Spanish manufacture.

Jim

Wisesfour

B3OpTyu.jpg

Wisesfour

Thank you for all the input. Appreciate any information as it was in my grandfather's collection. Sorry for the size of the pics. Hope it helps.