H&K P30sk being discontinued.

Mastrogiacomo

Just heard from my local shop that the company is discontinuing this model. Kind of fast, yes? I thought it was a good seller for them but apparently not. What do you suppose will replace it?

Laura

TunnelRat

I find that pretty hard to believe. Unless someone has a press release from HK I don't know how much stock I'd put in that (I hear plenty of gun store rumors that are off base). Sometimes they shift production to other models, but I doubt they'd discontinue it that fast.

BarryLee

I hear plenty of gun store rumors that are off base

I agree I’ve been told some whoppers by gun store employees who are attempting to steer you to the model they have in stock. I checked HK’s WEB site and there is no announcement, but who knows.

sigarms228

There have been some unconfirmed rumors/speculation that the P2000 and P2000SK have been discontinued but nothing about the P30SK which seems to be one of HKs better sellers and highly regarded by pretty much anyone who owns one or has tried one out.

IMTHDUKE

Yes, I can confirm that is wrong. My LGS told me that all Glocks that begin with a G are being discontinued. They will be replaced by Locks. They will call them Masters.:D

presspics

I doubt that HK will discontinue the P30sk. They still make the USP and P2000 which are much older guns. The tooling is bought and paid for. No reason to discontinue it.

BearBrimstone

A guy at one of my local gun shops once told me that .357 Sig stood for .357 Signature and that it was just higher quality .357 magnum rounds. Sadly, gun shop employees can't be trusted any more than Walmart employees now.

cslinger

I was once told that ALL AMMO is made in the same plant in Germany and they just box and market it differently. I just sort of had one of those moments of ".....but how the.....ahhh nevermind sure they are your probably right":rolleyes:

Ever since then I like to believe there is a quaint German village on the boarder of the Black Forest where everybody dresses like a Disney character and sings songs while they work to load all the worlds ammo. I like to call this place Webemakinthemalldorf. :)

As to the OP. I would imagine the P2000 is probably on the bubble so to speak (sadly as it's my favorite tactical Tupperware by far) but the P30 series SK etc I seriously doubt.

Honestly I don't know why they haven't released a "K" variant if you will of the P30/VP9. Something P2000/USPC/Glock19/23 sized. That would use readily available USPC / P2K magazines.

Then again I cannot believe they haven't splooged out of the mold machine USP's with a picatinny rail. That cannot be that huge of an undertaking.

Last edited:

JDBerg

I keep hearing rumors about a subcompact ("SK") version of the VP9 & 40 striker guns, although the SHOT show is in progress this week, no word on this yet.

TunnelRat

Honestly I don't know why they haven't released a "K" variant if you will of the P30/VP9. Something P2000/USPC/Glock19/23 sized. That would use readily available USPC / P2K magazines.

I watched a video with a rep from HK at SHOT and he was saying he was hoping to see a P2000 sized VP9, as well as a VP9sk. I think in terms of overall market sales that adding to the VP9 line is probably their best bet. That said knowing HK it could well be many years before we get there. I think them expanding their facilities in Columbus, GA is a good sign for greater production, but again they're sort of the tortoise of the US civilian market IMO.

rt11002003

I'd hate to see the HK p30sk be disconnected. I'd still have mine except for two items. One, I dislike the operator/combat frame design (on any gun). There is a purpose for rails; I just don't like that look. Two, HK makes decent triggers on the USP guns (match triggers), the Mark 23, the p7 series and several others. But, IMO the p30sk trigger sucked.

I would have had the trigger upgraded, had it not been for the gun's look.

It's all in the eye of the beholder (buyer).

sigarms228

Reports from Shot Show is that HK has P30SKs on display. The P30SK is NOT being discontinued LOL.

I have two P30 series, a P30LS made in 2013 and P30SK LEM. The P30SL LEM is very sweet and was right out of the box. My P30LS has a really nice SA trigger and did right out of the box. The DA was heavy out of the box but 1000 rounds later and $10 in spring changes and the DA trigger pull is terrific and smooth 8.5 LBs now. A Wolff 10 LB hammer spring and the HK new and lighter FPBS.

Last edited:

mrdaputer

I would be willing to bet that the owner said they would not carry them any more. The employee miss heard and said they are not making them any more.