H&K P2000SK VS SIG 239 in .40cal

sinister1811

I'd like some feed back in regards to concealed carry. I have the option of carrying either the H&K P2000SK LEM or SIG239 both in the .40 cal. Does anyone have any positive or negative feed back in regards to either model. I havent purchased either yet and I hope you guys can help make a decision for me. I currently own a SIG 226 in 9MM and love it but never owned a H&K in any variation.

Handy

Feedback: The P2000 will cost you an additional $300 more than the Sig. I don't know what you get for that - nothing that I can see.

Greg Bell

Both are great guns. I have owned both and recomend both. The 239 is slimmer, the 2000 is shorter. The P2000 has a few more rounds (8 vs 10) The P2000 has a light rail. Both are totally reliable guns. Both would be a good choice.

No experience with the HK you refer to.
My 239 in .40 has been flawless so far. Good accuracy, feeds everything, decent trigger. One of the main reasons I bought it was it has no safety, just a de-cocker, and DA/SA. Just the way I like it.

ATW525

From personal observations of the P239, I can say that the chicks dig it. Seriously... it's an excellent weapon for people with small hands because of it's single stack design. It also conceals quite well because of this. Beyond that I'd say they're ultra reliable and as simple to use as any other classic series Sig pistol.

bclark1

yea, i've heard good and bad about the p2000, i've got a 239. the width is the bigger factor. i've also got a usp compact, more comparable to the p2000 in geometry than the sig, and the p239 is far easier to conceal inside the waistband. i personally think width and general shape is a lot more important than length, you'll even find a lot of people CC'ing larger sigs because they sit relatively flush, and the length goes down your leg where your pants are likely baggy anyway. but this has pretty much all been said, mostly just wanted to chalk another opinion up to reinforce the decision you've made :)