Guttersnipe sights

GoSlash27

Is anybody still making these?
asp_2000_005.jpg

spec_bones

looks nice

never seen this type of sight, i would love to know the proper way to get a sight picture. and what the sight is called. could u fix one to an xd ?

GoSlash27

Well, the idea is that when aligned on target it creates 3 triangles like...well...like looking down a channel. Supposedly the brain automatically aligns them making for faster acquisition. It's also supposed to allow you to look directly at the target while firing instead of the front sight.
I've never seen one in real life but I'd like to try it out.

shermlab dds

The guttersnip

Slash,
Is that your ASP? I know that NAA made them for the Guardian series for a time, (don't know if they still do). Their version was milled directly into the top of the slide though. That probably wouldn't be a hard sight to produce though, from a machining perspective.

I think that in today's pistol doctrine of, "FRONT SIGHT, FRONT SIGHT, FRONT SIGHT!" the guttersnipe would be novel, but just considered nostalgic. I remember some custom pistolsmith a few years back making a modern rendition of the ASP, and it actually had Novak's on it.

Regards,
Sherman House

GoSlash27

Sherman,
No, it's not mine (don't I wish hehe). I was just wondering if it would be possible to attach one to a modern pistol using the rear sight attachment. I folded a quick and dirty version out of cardstock and darned if it doesn't make a quick and effortless sight picture! Maybe I can get someone to make one for me...

Rightwinger

I would say that getting secure attachment from just the rear sight dovetail would be pretty damn difficult. Machining a second cut into the slide would provide a far more secure fit.