Guntests

7mm-08

Is There Anyone Out There Who Subscribes To Gun Tests Magazine.
If So Do You Have The Feb./06 Issue And If You Do Could You Possibly Scan And E-mail The Rifle Section.the Remington Vs Savage.if So Many Many Thanks.i'd Hate To Get A Whole Year Subsciption For The One Article I Am Looking For.and My Wife Says I Get To Many Magazines Anyway.thanks Again If At All Possible.

Diesel65

Wonder if this article could be found online? I've never heard of the magazine but I'd like to read the article.

I have the issue. I am a subscriber. Unfortunately I cannot scan it, I dont have a scanner. It was a test between 2 "package" rifle. The Savage got the pick, the 710 got a do not buy. I will read it agin tonight when I get home from work and let you know the details tommorow.

7mm-08

Thank You High Planes Drifter I Use To Be A Subcriber To Gun Tests For About 5 Years.but Then The Kids Get Into Stuff Like Gymnastics,dancing,having To Get Braces/retainers.and You Find
Yourself Giving Up More Stuff.and I Was Finding That I Was Only
Reading Maybe 6 Rifle Articles A Year.there Is Too Much Red Tape To Even Think About Owning A Handgun Up Here In Canada.i'm Not A Bird Hunter So I Don't Read The Shotgun Articles.and I Am Your Basic .243 Up To 30.06 Kind Of Gunbuff So Alot Of The Rifle Articles I Skipped Also.so I Would Really Appreciate Any Valuable Information You Could Send Me.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
The 710 is good for a guy who goes out and shoots his deer and that's about the only time it's ever used. Everything I've read says it's not all that durable over the long haul.

Probably a good "loaner" gun, or as an extra as a backup when you're off at deer camp. It's just not for the serious rifleman.

That's separate and distinct from its accuracy; they have a reasonbly good reputation for decent groups.

Art

7mm-08 :
Problems with the Remington 710: problems loading the removable magazine, poor trigger, the scope was loose right out of the box- the base was loose on the action, and the rigns were loose on the base:eek:

Savage11FCXP3- no (gun-fault) problems out of the box. The writter had a couple of nagging flaws about the rifle, but no design malfunctions and generally spoke highly of it. When tested with Winchester 180gr Power Point the gun fired a 1.2" group. Better that most rifles Gun Test has tested. Earned a Best Buy rating. Gun comes with Simmons 3x9x40. MSRP $424.00

7mm-08

Thank You Very Very Much High Planes Drifter And Everyone Else
Who Had Imput On This Forum.well It Looks Like I Will Be Either Looking At A Savage,stevens,rem.model 7 For My Daughter.as A New
Rifle And Scope Will Be Her Present If She Passes Her Hunter Safety
After Her 12th Birthday In July.once Again Thank-you And Hopefully We Will Be Talking To All You Soon.maybe We Can Compare Hunting Seasons This Fall.take Care.