Gunsite Service Pistol Range Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILLG

Got my GSP 2000 .45 acp last week and put about 30 rounds through it that evening.It got dark so I had to quit not much of a test.But this weekend things changed for the better.I was able to attend a IDPA match on Saturday and a informal practice session with some friends today.About 500 rounds fired so far and the pistol works perfect.No malfuntions of any kind.I used mostly reloads using a 200 gr swc and 5.2 gr of VV N320.A few Rem.230 gr Golden Sabers and a few Rem.230 gr JHPs.The gun is very accurate we didn't shoot it from a bench but at 7-10 yds fast one hole 8 shot groups were the norm.At 25 yds off hand with me shooting I got 3-4 inch groups.I am sure the pistol will shoot better but that is the best I can do.The Novack sights are set up with the bar dot configuration night sights.It is finished in a Matte blue.The trigger pull is in the 3 1/2 -4 lbs range and very crisp.It has a very nice set of Coco Bolo smooth wood grips with the Gunsite Logo.The pistol Is built with a Springfield handfitted frame and slide and not from a Springfield Loaded as some have reported.Tactical mag release,short trigger,beavertail grip saftey and bevaled mag well are some of the features.I had this pistol up graded to include having the front strap high cut ,rounded relieved and checkered.Slide to Frame fit is good.The pistol comes with 3 Chip McCormick 8 round power mags.I used the McCormick mags and also Wilson 8 round mags all of which worked perfectly . All told it is a VERY NICE PISTOL.Is it as nice as my Wilson Protector close but no.Would I buy another one YES.A lot of pistol for the money. They are completely built from the ground up and hand fitted and all checkering is done by hand.Backed by a lifetime warranty.A good pistol.I don't think you could go wrong buying one.BILLG

MPower

Thanks for the great review Bill. Just a few more days and my GSP will be home. I also want to checker the front strap, how much did the Gunsmithy charge you for this? I also have a Wilson ( Classic ) and also look forward to comparing the two. If you are ever in Hawaii shoot me an Email and we can do some shooting with our sweet matching 1911s.
BTW You have excellent taste in firearms
Best
John

Status
Not open for further replies.