GunsAmerica finally fixed the search.

Hi guys. I'm posting this around because even though we have mailed our list, email addresses change.

Many of you have complained over the last couple years about our search algorithm and though it took a while to get through my thick head, I finally took the time to understand the problem.

It is finally fixed. When you search for Smith & Wesson model 10, you get mostly model tens. I won't go into the details of what was wrong, but it was because of a "greedy" search implemented by our old head programmer that didn't sort the results by relevance.

Over the summer we will be rolling out the rest of our 5.0 interface, tuning up the other complaints with the communication system. For now you still get immediate contact with the sellers and buyers through regular email (that is the bandaid for now).

Please post this around to your boards and blogs, facebook etc. and whatnot. We have a lot of old friends who would like to know it is fixed. It was so frustrating and a lot of people just took some time off of GunsAmerica waiting for us to fix it. So we finally did.

If you have comments or questions I can answer them here. Since we started the GunsAmerica Magazine I haven't had as much time for my regular disc boards, but I'm trying to come back here more now. The customer service contact works as usual and is answered within a day as well. We find a lot of individual case bugs by people telling us when they search for specific things.

And thanks as ever for your continued support and patience. We have a ton of good giveaways coming up this summer, including a $4500 AR, so register if you haven't. We are pretty gentle with how much stuff we email and it is pretty painless.

Yea well fortunately the person who designed the application is a lifetime shooter and accumulator (as opposed to genuine collector) of every oddball scratch and dent gun that comes along, so I personally don't want to have to wade through a bunch of new current production stuff myself. So it's in there. :)

Your sigh of relief is both rewarding and an arrow through my heart because it tells me how many people were disgusted and left. :(

Thanks though.