Guns that just make you smile

ligonierbill

Not necessarily your best, most accurate, prettiest, just puts a smile on your face. Just now (changes with the weather) mine are:

Colt Army Special .41 Long Colt - No major maker does bluing like that any more, and old Sam finally got the double action right.

S&W Model 14 .38 Special - Sam got it right, but not as right as the K-frame.

Ithaca Flues 12 ga - Must use low pressure shells, but breaks clays like it's radar guided. Considering my skill level, must be a special gun. Feels special.

Ruger No. 1 30-06 - Just elegant. Shoots pretty good, too.

What has you smiling lately?

peterg7

The one handgun I get the most pleasure from is my .45 Blackhawk convertible.

.45 acp makes me smile because it’s reasonably priced and .45C +p because it’s manly recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeestalker

One that comes to mind is a full size Colt Double Eagle Mk II in 10mm that I picked up last year.
For the life of me I can’t understand the lack of acceptance of these when they came out.
No, it’s not a 1911, but boy is it a sweet shooting sidearm, potent round too.

muzzleblast...

For me the "big smile" list includes:

Belgian Browning Hi Power
Smith & Wesson M-27 .357 Mag. 5" barrel
Colt Woodsman Match Target .22LR
Winchester M-52 Sporter .22LR
Winchester M-94 Canadian Centennial .30-30 my grandfather gave me
Browning Auto-5 Light Twelve

There are others, but those are at the top of the list.

aarondhgraham

You're gonna chuckle,,,

You're gonna chuckle,,,
But I love shooting these mouse guns.

Taurus 22-PLY & Taurus 25-PLY

MouseGuns.JPG

They are surprisingly easy to hit with,,,
They are very natural pointers,,,
And very very reliable.

I always want to strike a James Bond pose when I shoot with them. :D

Aarond

Scorch

Winchester 1903
Pre-war Winchester Model 70
Winchester 1885 High Wall
Mauser I.G. 71
Just something fun about shooting old iron.

Lohman446

Colt Delta in 10MM. I have Glock 10MMs (soulless things) and if push come to shove have to admit their superiority for my uses. But every time I pull this out at the range I grin.

Hanshi

My grin widens when I pick up my OM Ruger BH .45 Colt.
The .38spl Diamondback.
Colt Woodsman Sport Target.
S&W 686 no dash.
And my S&W M14.

And can't forget my .45 flintlock rifle.

gbclarkson

The Browning Buckmark I bought for my son for his 10th birthday. I'm jealous. I'm trying to justify a 7" barrel Buckmark for dad.

Hitthespot

I have two. Always wanted a Colt 1911. Bought a Stainless Steel Combat commander a couple years ago. Still makes me smile every time I look at it. It's beautiful. I recently purchased an FNS-9C. I can shoot this pistol better than anything right out of the box I have ever bought. I cannot explain why, it just shoots and accurately. I'm so impressed it might just replace my Ruger SR9C that has a few thousand rounds through it as my CC pistol.

Pics attached.

Attachments

• twins4.jpg
    twins4.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 44

Eazyeach

My S&W M&P 15-22 Always brings a smile to my face. But lately my Beretta 1301 Tactical has been making me grin a lot.

Kvon2

My 1860 army replica. Every time I take it to the range my hands get filthy and the center of my targets get shot out. Its just so much fun.

WyMark

Is "all of them" a valid answer? Whatever I happen to take to the range that day really makes me smile.

The BHP maybe most, but the GP100 too. The Model 14 and the 1937 both make me grin ear to ear. Knocking down 6" tall steel silhouettes at 35 to 50 yards with my SP101 .22 makes me giggle like a little kid. Hitting pigeon fragments at 100 yards with my Henry .38/.357 and spinners at 400 yards with my .223 RAR make me smile too.

MagnumWill

For me, definitely the M1 Garand. And yes, one case of Garand thumb did not put a smile on my face that day, but I look forward to shooting it every single time. It has so much soul, and shooting in our High Power match with it just feels right.

armoredman

My CZ 527M/CSR. Gets a lot of looks, and is light, handy, fun and accurate. I have fun dinging the steel at 150-175 yards from the standing position with iron sights while some of the tactical Tommy's are prone with scoped uber tactocool rifles shooting steel at 100 or less. Always brings a smile to my face.

Wag

Ruger #1 in .357 magnum - I love seeing that block drop and push a round in
Beretta 92fs - Just a dream to shoot.
Sig P220 - Another dream to shoot!
Winchester Model 94 - That cowboy feel......... Mmmmmm.

--Wag--