Guns that feel perfect straight out the box

EdInk

Like most of you on these boards, I have own/used a lot of different firearms. Once learning the basics the same skill set carries allows us to shoot a variety of weapons with at least decently once becoming familiar with said weapon's individual manual of arms.

Anyway... One thing I have noticed over the years is the certain guns EVEN WHEN USING THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME, just feel almost "natural" to me. The ergonomics, sights, recoil, et cetera "just feel right" WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS done to them.

Personally, I find the Henry rifle seems to have been made perfectly fitted for me at the factory.

What are some of the guns that fit this description for you guys?

Jay24bal

I have a couple that seem to be made for my hand:

1. 1911's with a beavertail grip safety
2. Most models from Sig

The one thing they have in common is that they accommodate a high, strong grip on the gun. Also, for some reason the controls on these guns feel more natural to me and I can reach them all with minimal movement even though I was exposed to revolvers much more when learning to shoot handguns.

Also, while it is not technically "new, out of the box" as it does require a modification, the Prairie Hunter stock from Boyds' is perfectly fitted for me with it's raised cheek piece. I am in the process of adding it to every one of my scoped, bolt action rifles.

FALPhil

CZ turnbolt rifles, and all of their handguns. I never handled one that didn't feel like an extension of my body.

noelf2

There are some odd ones that just seem to fit me perfectly. One is the Nagant revolver. Weird looking antique gun, but when I grip it, it just feels natural. Another is the CZ82. Just fits like a glove and points perfectly for me.

Dashunde

Walther P99, CZ-75, and the 1911 have all fit me perfectly and can be shot comfortably until the ammo runs out.

whippoorwill

Shotgun - Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon Sporting. Believe it or not, I have a new ATI .410 O/U that feels pretty darn close to the Beretta!

Rifle - Kimber 84M. Ruger 77 International.

Pistol - Colt Lightweight Commander

Revolver - 1873 SAA. Never fired an 1860 Army, but perhaps the prettiest revolver ever.

Pond James Pond

I know some complain of gritty triggers out of the box and that these only smooth out after a few hundred shots but, with my inexperienced hands, I must say that my CZ SP-01 felt fabulous from the first shot.

It certainly fits the hand like a glove and, despite some posted issues I had with my first go, the accuracy was still better than what I'd been shooting before!!

Big thumbs up!
:cool:

Garycw

I have a couple that seem to be made for my hand:

1. 1911's with a beavertail grip safety
2. Most models from Sig

Took the words right out of my mouth. I never handled a 1911 I didn't like. They're very addicting too.:( For the most part all Sigs feel & shoot great. Especially the 1911 style.

shortwave

Shotgun: either the Rem. 1100 or Browning A-5 seem to point naturally for me.

Semi-auto: same as many here, the 1911.

Revolver: S&W mod. 57 with 4"bbl.

Black powder rifle: T/C Encore with the Pro Hunter Flextech stock

BigD_in_FL

Shotgun - Perazzi is one that comes to mind, even a Beretta A400
Handguns - several - P7, Ruger MKII, S&W K frame RB
Rifles - an older M700BDL