Gunbroker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroJunk

Hope this post isn't against a forum rule.

Well, I had the low bid on Remington 798 at $375 and about 5 minutes before the auction ended the item just disappeared. I guess he sold it in his shop on Sunday night at 8:30.

Now, their rules say you can't retract a bid. Is this one way or what?

I have sold some stuff there pretty cheap. It's good to know that I can weasel out of it at the last minute.

Creeper

Apparently your bid didn't blow the owner's skirt up... and he chose to cancel the auction.
Low class move in my book, but quite common when someone short on integrity feels that they aren't getting the money their precious piece deserves.

All IMO of course... could be wrong and my opinion is way off base.

C

alfsauve

I'm confused. You had the LOW bid? Or the HIGH bid?

Maybe, it's just late and I'm not thinking squarely.

Either way, someone pulls something after offering for sale just isn't right. If they want to put a reserved or a high minimum starting that's okay, but sounds like that was fair.

Shorts

Contact GB and let them know the auction # and seller. I would think they are interested in running their site as legitimate and fair as possible in order to remain a preferred site.

ZeroJunk

Contact GB and let them know the auction # and seller. I would think they are interested in running their site as legitimate and fair as possible in order to remain a preferred site.

Maybe so. But, it disappeared completely. I have no record of the item number, saw no reason to save an email since it is under your account anyway.

Yes, I was the high bidder and only bidder at the minimum bid of $375. It was a no reserve auction.

Some dude in Pa. with about 17 sales, owns a gun store apparently.

Shorts

So not even a record in your GB account? That's odd. Maybe that particular seller was already on GBs bad list and they finally deleted him and his account for good. You just happened to be there the time they cleaned it.

JustDreadful

Seems like you should have gotten some kind of explanation, an e-mail explaining the auction was canceled either by the seller or by Gunbroker. May have been some kind of glitch.

Have you tried searching using the auction #?

ZeroJunk

So not even a record in your GB account? That's odd. Maybe that particular seller was already on GBs bad list and they finally deleted him and his account for good. You just happened to be there the time they cleaned it.

Beats me.

I think that whole deal is set up for sellers.

skeeter1

"If they want to put a reserved or a high minimum starting that's okay"

I bought one gun on gunbroker, and the first few bids were horribly under-value, all under reserve. First bid, $250. Second bid, $275. My bid, $600. Guess who beat the reserve and got the gun? I knew exactly what it was worth, and I was happy, seller was happy, good deal all around.

I almost never buy anything on eBay any more for the same reason. Lots of tightwads out there, both buyers and sellers. One of the reasons I no longer go to gun shows. Too many sellers looking to get rich. The local gun stores are usually a better deal.

Know what you're getting into, make an honest offer, and gunbroker is a good site.

ZeroJunk

Well, I'm just a moron I suppose and for everybody's info it shows as item won now. It took a little over an hour.
I'm used to eBay . Chances are I'll already have it packed and to UPS in an hour.

Anyhow I suppose it's their system. Never occured to me in this day and age it wouldn't be an instantaneous appearance in the items won category. Whatever. Sorry for the wild goose chase.

Casimer

That's happened to me as well - won an item, couldn't find any record of it in my account, and then it suddenly appeared when I'd logged in the next day.

hoytinak

Yeah they say it takes about 10 mins for their system to update and show you won/sold. Most of the time it takes about 2 minutes but I've had to wait about 30 mins before also. Like you stated, it's just their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.