Gunbroker Sellers....

Skans

I've purchased things on Gunbroker, but have never sold. I was just wondering if any of you Gunbroker Sellers out there ever see things you've sold on this forum with comments? Your Thoughts?

skeeter

I would say Gunbroker takes way better care of the sellers than the buyers. I was ripped out several times and GB did nothing for me.Besides that I wrote them about some conterfeit manuals and Colt Python boxes that are sold on the form and they could care less.

Skans

I've never had to make a complaint against a seller on Gunbroker. Maybe I'm just lucky. My view is that unless a buyer didn't receive what was pictured in the ad, its not gunbroker's problem. If a seller is simply taking money and not delivering the item pictured, then it might be gunbroker's problem.

There are all kinds of hinkey gun-things out there, at gun shows and in on-line ads. I feel that it's my duty as a buyer to make sure I'm getting what I bargained for before bidding or making an offer. If there is any doubt, just walk away. I just purchased 2 more guns on Gunbroker. One I picked up on Saturday - it was much nicer than I ever imagined it would be, considering its age and the pictures. The other one I'm still waiting on - should be here today...we'll see.

However, i was really wondering if anyone has seen pictures of stuff they've sold posted in these forums and what they thought about it.

chack

I've had a couple bad experiences, my biggest problem with them is that a whiney buyer can leave bad feedback and there's nothing you can do.I have two Fs, a C, and a B that I didn't deserve:

1st F-Seller listed a shotgun folding stock as new in box and required Postal money order only. It took a week for me to get the money order and for snail mail to arrive on the other side of the country. It took 21 days after I mailed out the payment to for me receive the item. I tried contacting him 2 weeks after I sent payment and he never wrote back or returned my call so I left him an F saying I'd edit it to a higher rating if/when I got the item and/or heard from him. He called up the next day screaming and dropping F bombs in a message. saying I'd get my F***'n S*** if I just !#@ #$%^ &*( $%*. I figured that was contact so changed it to an A so that he'd mail my item out. It came in wrapped in duct tape (sticky residue all over the stock) stuffed in a grocery bag completely disassembled with no instructions or other information.

I changed the A to a C stating that the item was not new and took a long time to arrive. He gave me an F stating,

"SLOW PAYMENT,REAL JERK,POSTS A+ THEN CHANGES TO F AFTER REALIZES POSTED FOR WRONG SELLER CLAIMS WILL CHANGE AFTER RECEIPT OF STOCK THOUGH PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED AT TIME OF F NEG FEEDBACK POSTING,WHINER."
and
"BUYER SLOW ON SENDING PAYMENT,REAL COMPLAINER,AVOID THIS BUYER,LEAVES NEGATIVE AFTER POSTING WRONG FEEDBACK FOR WRONG SELLER THEN DEMANDS STOCK SHIPPED THOUGH PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED.BLOCKED COMPLAINER. "

2nd F
-seller listed a 10/22 (pink thumbhole stock) in the semiauto rifles for sale section. Picture was of a pink 10/22 he had a full page description which mostly focused hoe he'd come after non paying bidders with the SWAT team, Canadian mounties, and a troop of ninja girl scouts. After I won the auction I sent him an email asking where to send the FFL to and he stated just pay me and I'll mail it to you, I looked harder and saw one little sentence buried in a page of threats to prosecute and chase non payers to H ell which said

"auction is for the stock only"

Like anyone would pay $100 for a pink .22 stock.

I thought it was so cheap because of the stock, not that the idiot wanted $100 for a horrendously ugly barbie pink monstrosity.

Realizing my mistake, I contacted him and apologize d, offering to reimburse him for his listing fee. He said pay me or else he'd release the flesh eating zombie hounds so that they could eat my soul.

I replied that I didn't want a barbie pink thumbhole stock, I only bid on it because I wanted a cheap 10/22 that I was going to put in a folding stock.

He said that If I gave him $75 he'd give me decent feedback and just keep the stock.
His feedback:
non paying bidder, that DOSEN'T read, NOT READING & NOT BEING ABLE TO READ " ARE THE SAME"

B-
I had a bunch of 5 round AK mags that I had been selling on gunbroker and in the classified section at a few different board for $10 ea. In my ad I stated that shipping was $10 for one and a $15 flat fee for multiple mags, regardless of the number shipped as long as I could get them in a flat rate box. A bidder won an auction saying he wanted 10 mags after he won the auction. I had six left and told him so, but he was angry that I only had 6 left and left me a B feedback:
Item was as described and shipped promptly.

C-bidder won an auction on Dec 20th. I sent him an email saying that I was just getting ready to leave to visit family and would return after New years, and the only way I could ship it before I left was if he paid with paypal that day. He mailed the money order that day, and it arrived while I was gone. I came home, checked my mail, and sent him the parts a couple days later. He left a C feedback and a unintelligible response that only made sense if I read it aloud in a thick Russian accent:
If somebody like to get the item after 2 weeks it is here!

Last edited:

Skans

Wow! Those are some bad experiences. Thanks for posting - I've been very lucky so far - but I can learn from your experiences.