Gun store calling fixed-mag AR "Obama Special"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecurityMike

My friend and I were gawking at a Bushmaster AR that was only $525. We were both talking about buying it until we finally got our turn with the counter guy who explained that the gun will only hold 10 rds and that it is not magazine fed, but that you have to disassemble the gun to place rounds into it. I think this is called "Fixed Magazine" but I'm not sure, forgive me if I'm wrong. The point of the post is though that he kept calling it the "Obama special". I'm not really interested in a gun politics discussion at all, I'm just truly curious if Obama had passed some kind of law that required this type of gun to be sold in certain areas or situations. (I'm in Illinois and you can buy regular magazine fed assault rifles here). I know California bans magazines over 10 rounds and I got the impression that maybe this gun was meant to be California compliant, but wouldn't it then be the "Governor of California Special"

The other gun store near my house has a bunch of anti Obama posters hung up on the walls so I'm assuming Obama is anti-gun but I'm not really sure, nor am I posting this thread to support or not support any politicians. I'm just curious if the guy in the gun store was right in calling the thing "Obama Special".

Glenn E. Meyer

Question answered.

Gun stores that feed panic are not needed and disreputable.

Closed as question answered and we don't need idle speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.