Gun socks

gaseousclay

So who makes a good gun sock? I was watching a video by Hickock45 and he recommends them as a rust preventative and to keep your guns from getting dinged up in storage. Looking for a gun sock for my pistol and rifles.

Pahoo

"Deplorables" are cheap !!!

So who makes a good gun sock?
As you probably already know, their are a number of companies that make these socks for handguns and long guns. Most are made with synthetic materials such as nylon or polyester. I list this link, only as an example. .. ;)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1311&_nkw=allen+gun+socks&_sacat=0

Now, as an option, I reuse nylon socks and stockings of all sizes. I shy away from Any cotton blend. I spray them down with Silicone oil and rub them together. I get most of my nylons socks from my wife. These work quite well but always get jabbed by some of my shooting buddies. ........ :D

Be Safe !!!

FITASC

I bought mine from both Midway USA and Cabela's; I am sure the same textile factory in NC made them both.

BCR1

I have 7 "socks" I bought many years ago at a Knoxville TN show that appear to be made of a heavy weight cloth that might be auto seat material. I never saw these type socks ever again so I suspect they were local made.

I paid $7.00 each then and I would gladly pay $10.00 for a few new ones of the same type today as my surplus collection has grown larger than my supply of cases.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 20