Gun sights for the Detective Special?

Mastrogiacomo

I know this sounds odd, but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be and I'd like something that I can see. I've looked around on the Internet and don't see this addressed. Are there any gun sights for the DS anywhere? Thank you.

Laura

5thShock

No easy ones. Can you hit between the shirt pockets at 12 feet now? If so maybe pointing or whatever you're doing is good enough. Nothing will be faster.

Jim Watson

Paint.

Major big time custom installation. Hamilton Bowen is no longer working on small frame revolvers, which is a shame because he had a high visibility sight for J Smiths and Ruger SP that would probably have worked on a Detective Special.

The D&L Sports S&W J sights might could be made to work, but finding somebody to work on a Colt revolver is getting harder and harder, Grant Cunninham having laid up his files.

CajunBass

Nail polish. Go by a dollar store and get a bottle of while as a base, and a bottle of whatever color you think will work best. For me, that's day glo orange.

unit 900

I purchased my S&W 642 from a buddy who is quite handy. He installed a brass bead on the front sight and I find it useful for sighted shooting.