Gun Show AR Build...

Skans

I just couldn't pass up a billet AR lower for $80 (w/transfer) and barreled upper with key-mod hand rail for $199 this weekend. I probably have enough spare parts laying around to make this a pretty cheap build.

I may install another binary trigger system (that part is not cheap). I'd like to be able to buy just the springs w/o fire control group - is anyone breaking down the lower receiver kits for lower prices without fire control group?

Not like I need another AR, but what the heck, right?

Skans

With the binary trigger I have the option of two shots (pull-release) of the trigger or I can select regular semi-auto, i.e. no 2nd shot fired on release of the trigger. I like rapid fire and rifles with near full-auto capability as well as semi-auto capability.

I have one registered machinegun and enjoyed the heck out of it. However, it is now too valuable to go out "blasting" with it. So, I want a cheap alternative and the binary trigger provides this.

If you just aren't into rapid fire or 2-shot bursts, then you probably wouldn't want a binary trigger. However, even when hunting, I can't imagine a faster follow-up shot than with a binary trigger.

stagpanther

If you just aren't into rapid fire or 2-shot bursts, then you probably wouldn't want a binary trigger. However, even when hunting, I can't imagine a faster follow-up shot than with a binary trigger.
Not knocking your choice--I just personally don't get it. At first blush the follow-up shot for hunting seems to make sense--but then so does the potential for AD I would think (I know I would).

Skans

At first blush the follow-up shot for hunting seems to make sense--but then so does the potential for AD I would think

I have no concern about having an AD with a binary trigger. That doesn't really make sense to me. Whenever I'm shooting, I keep my rifle or pistol pointed at what I'm shooting until my finger is off the trigger. Can you ever think of a time that you fired a shot with a pistol or rifle, KEPT YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER WITH TRIGGER DEPRESSED, and then pointed the gun at an untended target? That's what it would take for an AD. Besides, until you want the binary function, just keep it on normal semi-auto mode. In fact, I'd be more concerned with an AD using a lightened trigger than with a binary trigger.

The only question I have for those who say they "don't get it" with the binary trigger is: do you like full-auto rate of fire? If you do, then this is probably the next-best-thing. If you don't, then obviously, this trigger isn't your thing.

stagpanther

Well, I'd be interested to hear how it works out.: ) I'm just not sure your target game is going to remain stationary by the time you let go for reset--plus I wonder what kind of funny looks are in store if wardens get curious. : )

Ibmikey

Brownells lists them also...DPMS comes in the standard blister pac with obvious missing parts (hammer..trigger).