gun shops that sell milsurp?

troy_mclure

how many gun shops in your area sell milsurp guns?

when i lived up north(ky, wa, oh, nd) gun and pawn shops almost always had a goodly stock of milsurp guns and ammo.

down here in the deep south ive seen nary a mosin, let alone anything more exotic like a cz/tt.

is this now nation wide or just here in the south?

EdInk

I live down south and don't seem them much either. When I was a kid there was Military Surplus store sold some but IIRC they are no longer in business. Also, the prices weren't so great anyway.

sixgun67

Most shops in my area of NC keep maybe 10 or so milsurps of different flavors. One shop that I really like is in a dealer's basement--rack after rack of mosins, mausers, springfields, enfields, and swiss rifles. I love his shop.

knight0334

There's a gunshop about 40 miles south of me that specializes in milsurp stuff. His mainstays are Mosin's for $69-$89(depending on condition) and Makarov pistols(mostly Polish and other Eastern Com-block). He has cases of Mosin's sitting along a wall, then 2 or 3 racks of "prepped" ones ready for sale.

He carries a lot of AK47 and AR15 guns & gear too, but they are all recent production items. He might have maybe 5 "hunting" guns, the rest being milsurp and AR/AK items. For this area its rather strange, because every other shop is just the opposite - all hunting/target guns and only a couple milsurp/AK/AR guns.

He runs his shop out of his basement back a long country road where you have to slow down or stop most of the time to avoid hitting his neighbor's chickens and ducks that like to sit in the road.

ISC

Milsurps are quite common in the gunshops I frequent, always have been. It's more common in the rural areas I thinik than the big cities though. The few city gun shops I've visited seem to focus more on hand guns, dedicated hunting guns, and "tacticool" stuff.

Dr. Strangelove

Most around here have one or two overpriced and bubba'd Mausers or Enfields, and occasionally get in a crate of Mosins.

It's a matter of what sells, around here if it isn't black with a collapsible stock and the word "Colt" on it somewhere, not many folks want it...