Gun Shops in Wa. State

RichardWA

Anyone know of any good gun shops in the Olympia-Tacoma Washington area?
I would prefer to hear about stores you have dealt with, not just a list off of the internet.

There is only one shop in my local area and they don't have much selection anymore and thier attitudes have been really bad lately.:confused:

alfack

There is Cabelas in Olympia, Bullseye Shooter Supply in Tacoma and Discount Guns in Federal Way. Those are the only 3 I know of, but I've been out of that area for some time. I purchased a few guns from Discount. They used to have a policy of their cost +8% and had some really good deals. I can't say the same for any other Discount Gun stores around the area. They are all con artists. I think I heard you can still get good deals at the one in Federal Way, though.

MadHatter1

The 2 that I used to go to a lot when I lived there were The Marksman on Canyon RD and SR 512 and Bullseye on Puyallup Ave in downtown Tacoma.

oldkim

Lots of gun shops - what is it you are looking for....

Just because it's a gun shop doesn't mean they carry every gun or have all the services you are looking for. Most can order almost any gun but inventory wise they are limited...

What are you looking for? Handgun, rifle, shotgun, AR platform. High end specialty stuff or regular everyday stuff?

Shops in the Tacoma area:

The Marksman off Canyon Road near the Puyallup fairgrounds (has a range too) great to deal with them on military and first responder discounts.

Bullseye Shooter near the Tacoma Dome (has an indoor range too) good selection last time I was there.

Surplus Ammo - near Joint Base Lewis McChord. Has good "tactical" stuff.

Cabelas is closer to you (near Lacey) but prices are a bit higher (on most stuff) but has good selection.

There's a few more but there smaller or more specialty type stores.

Also there is always the gunshow at the Puyallup fairgrounds. October will be the largest show of the year! http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/

What are you looking for?

RichardWA

Mostly looking for just the normal hand gun and rifles, new and used. I'm generally not sure what I want until I see it. Also looking at ammo quite often.

I have been to Cabelas many times, I noticed their prices going up over the summer.

Thanks for the link to the guns show, might have to check it out

alfack

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Sportco in Fife. They have good deals on ammo and gear, if a limited stock of weapons.

Powderman

If you're on this side of the mountains, I highly recommend Cascade Loans and Sporting Goods. Yes, it's a pawn shop--but the owner will not gouge you, is totally honest and will go the extra mile to locate a firearm for you. Special orders are easy, and he's more than willing to work with you to get you the gun you want. They're in Auburn, right at the intersection of Main and Auburn Way.

jomommy

cascade arms in olympia. nice folks
countyline in mckenna, nice selection and reloading supplies
cabela's gun library.
the marksman in puyallup

gunsmither

Bear Arms Gun Shop

If you ever get up near Port Townsend, give Bear Arms in Port Hadlock a call. 360-385-7658.

He has a lot of used guns, and often takes in some neat stuff.

BigJimP

In my opinion:

The only decent shop in Olympia area is Cabela's ...and they have a good inventory and decent prices. I've bought a few used guns out of their shop - they're slow on paperwork / but quality is good.

Welchers gun shop in Tacoma - runs a nice shop / but like all shops it depends on what you want. He has a broad spectrum of handguns, rifles and shotguns - not a lot of high end inventory. I've only bought one gun there over the yrs.

The Marksman - in Puyallup - has limited inventory / but its a good shop -and well run. I've bought a few 1911's from him / they have a nice Ed Brown 1911 in inventory ( as of last week ) ....nice gun.

Best shop for used guns / or ordering new guns is DJ's in Bothell - he's a pawn shop / but its really a gun shop - family run / prices are good. I've bought a lot of guns thru him and I place most of my special orders thru him for shotguns, handguns and rifles. Its worth a trip to Bothell. He probably has 150 - 250 used handguns / another 150 or more new. He has at least 100 used rifles / probably 100 used shotguns ... at least 50 new shotguns ...lots of production level guns / and some higher end guns ...maybe 20 1911's ...quite a few nice O/U shotguns - Perazzi, Browning, Beretta and Krieghoff ... and he'll get you whatever you want. About a month ago / I picked up a nice S&W 4" revolver model 19 in there ...

austinjking

There is a gun store right off the Canyon Rd exit from the 512. Its behind the business complex with Taco Del Mar. It also has an indoor range, prices are decent.

+1 for Federal Way Discount Guns, bought 7 out of our 12 guns there.

BigJimP

Canyon Rd exit off of Hwy 512 is "The Marksman" ...the Marksman has limited inventory but its a well run shop / range is not very good - cold - and poorly lit...

Bart Noir

A little farther north than you mentioned, but not that far....

There is Champion Arms in the Kent Valley, near the Valley General Hospital. It is also a shooting range.

There is Ben's Loans in downtown Renton. Large selection and decent prices and lots of used guns. I have purchased there many times and give them the Big Bart Thumbs Up.

Bart Noir

BigJimP

If you tell us what kind of guns / models you are looking for -- we can be more specific on shops that can help you.

austinjking

Sportsman's Warehouse in Federal Way also sells guns, there is another store in Fife, Sportsman's something, can't remember the name, but its close to the Tacoma Dome.

dmazur

East County Guns has an association with Davidson's Gallery of Guns, so you can make a purchase and deposit on line and finish the sale at the store.

In addition to the manufacturer's warranty, Davidson's also provides a warranty on every gun they sell, so IMO this is a pretty good deal.

So far, the owner has also agreed to be a FFL for other types of Internet sales, like GunBroker, for a nominal fee.

So, even if the selection there isn't as large as Cabela's, I am more than pleased with the service. (And lack of crowds... :) )