Gun Shops in Birmingham???

Kernel

I'll be in B'ham for a few days next week on business (the town of Hoover, actually, near I65 and Valleydale Road). Will have time to check out some Gun Shops, Hunting/Fishing Stores, Pawn Shops, etc. Any suggestions? Will probably be back a half dozen times over the next 6 months (might even be able to sqeeze in some deer hunting this Fall). My tastes tend to revolvers, lever actions, upland shotguns, hunting rifles, curio/relics and the like. Precise street addresses would be a big help. -- Kernel

Hutch

My stomping grounds

Kernel, I don't think precise street addresses help much in the suburban shopping centers. You are going to be near a few good ones.

I'll email you. I work out of town (Columbus, GA) during the week, but I'm home weekends. I belong to a great club nearby and could possibly have you in to knock over plates or something.

AUTiger73

Kernel: Maybe I can be of assistance.

In the general area of the Galleria Shopping Mall which is located near the intersection of I-459 and U.S. 31 (also known as Montgomery Hwy.) you may find the Gun Cellar. The Gun Cellar is located in a shopping center across U.S. 31 from the Galleria. Last time I visited the Gun Cellar it had expanded, doubling their floor space and inventory. Excellent inventory and occasionally they advertise in Shotgun News.

Another excellent store that includes a variety of firearms, hunting and fishing equipment is Mark's Outdoor Sports. They are located in Vestavia. At the intersection of I-65 and U.S. 31 in Hoover proceed north approximately 4 miles and they will be on the left. Excellent selection for a price.

Check out their website at -
http://www.marksoutdoors.com

The map link for Mark's Outdoor Sports appears to be incorrect, showing them on the right side of the road. Unless they've moved, Mark's Outdoor Sports is on the left side of Montgomery Highway (U.S.31) as you proceed north up Shades Mountain.

Across town there are two interesting gun stores in Center Point.
One of these, Southeast Guns, has the best prices on defensive and military "hardware" and ammo.

As a former resident of Birmingham I sadly lament the departure of many great gun stores, one of which was Aeromarine at Eastwood Mall. Most of my gun collection was purchased over 30 years ago from various Birmingham gun shops including Aeromarine, Roberts, Stewarts, et.al.

Happy Shopping!

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Greeting's Kernel,

May I suggest a quick trip to Simmons Sporting
Goods, located at 2001 2nd Avenue, in Bessemer,
AL. It's only a 15 minute drive from Hoover; as
you travel straight down highway #150. They offer:
a wide selection of handguns, rifles, and of
course shotguns. And perhaps best of all, they
have the best prices in town!!!:D:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

DeputyVaughn

Ifg your willing to travel a little bit, go north to Blount Co. There is a place called "Straight Shooters Gold N Guns". It's owned by A guy I went through the academy with. He specializes in Single actions and cowboy action shooting guns. Should be right up your alley.

153 Water St.
Blountsville, AL

Scott A. Vaughn