gun shooting class?

horatioo

what is the name of the place where you go and camp for a weekend and learn to shoot a rifle? You can then buy a surplus gun from them.

I cant remember the name.

Thanks

horatioo

The guy used to sign his posts with something like
'can you shoot as well as your grandfather" .

A person goes for the weekend with a rifle and gets a certification when completed and can buy from CMP.

azredhawk44

Yep. Appleseed.

But, your understanding of the program is incomplete, it seems.

Appleseed is put on by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association which is a rifle club based in Ramseur, NC. It's a 100% volunteer organization driven to re-create a nation of Riflemen who claim ownership of this country and are civic participants.

Appleseed/RWVA doesn't sell rifles.

CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) sells surplus 1903 Springfields, M1 Carbines, M1 Garands and some other rifles to the public provided that you meet their qualifications.

One way to qualify to purchase through the CMP is to participate in an Appleseed shoot over a weekend and then join the RWVA. There are many ways to qualify for CMP purchase, however.

Appleseed is a great way to meet fellow shooters in your state (or out of it), to learn and pay homage to the sacrifices of our forefathers who secured this country for us, to protect this country by networking with other like minded citizens, and to keep your motivation strong while working to fix this country. Oh, yeah: And you'll learn to shoot A LOT better than you currently do. See the link in my sig line to learn more about the program.

mesabi

It is the Appleseed program. I also recomend the Army Reserves or National Guard. In fact they will pay you to attend their courses.

Chui

Nix the Reserves and National Guard lest you find yourself in Yemen, Afghanistan or Albania or...

You could do better by protecting YOUR *home/neighborhood, town, county and state by learning and doing A LOT of things which also includes shooting and maintaining a rifle and/or carbine.