Gun safes for handgunners

Carbon_15

I am looking at getting a firesafe in the near futture, but one sorce of annoyance is that they are made for folks who have lots of rifles and a few handguns. I never see myself owning more than a handfull of long guns, but handguns come and go by the dozens. Are there any safes that don't waist as much space with rifle slots that would be empty. I never see myself owning more than 8-10 long guns..and thats stretching it.
thanks

Cougar

Gunsafe options

I've seen a lot of safe manufacturers (Amsec, Liberty, Cannon, etc.) that have reconfigurable interiors, with adjustable shelves, number of shelves, etc. Most have room for long guns on one side (or third-width), then shelves for the rest. Stick cheap nylon holsters to the door with Velcro. Lots of room for handguns that way...

Smaug

If you are talking about a proper vault-style safe, it is like Cougar said.

However, if you look at your local sporting goods stores, (like basspro.com) you will see locking gun cabinets for pistols. They are pretty cheap too, if you don't need it to be fireproof. They are not heavy, but they come with hardware so that you can mount them to the wall. They are less than $500 and may be just the ticket.

Majic

There are true short safes that are perfect for just handguns, but a customizable full size safe would better serve you if you have both long and handguns