Gun safe

Russ5924

Is there any out there that won't cost and arm and a leg and still work well.Everyone I see that I like is About $1400 and the shipping is about $300 on up :confused:

DT Guy

Costco is closing out some Winchester safes; my dad just got one.

22 long gun, 60" high and fire-rated for 1/2 hour. It originally sold for $600+ and he got the demo for $275. (!)

Only problem is we had to move it, but with a lift gate and pallet jack it was no big deal putting it in his garage.

Might look at the Costcos around your place and see if they're all doing it?

Larry

wyrdone

My brother reccomended a "Contractor Job Box" it's not going to be fireproof as a safe is, but it will be just as theft deterrent since it can be bolted down easily.

They often run MUCH less than a safe and are easier to move (a couple hundred pounds unloaded).

bclark1

outdoor world / basspro has a 400lb standard-fire-rated redhead model, 4-or-5-bolt model for under $600 i believe. 'bout the best damn deal i could find after months of shopping. costco's thing is comparable but you have to be a member.

leadcounsel

Best fireproof gun safe based on research

I'm buying a "Sturdy safe" from www.sturdysafe.com

Sturdy does not spend money on marketing, but instead offers discounted but BETTER safes than the main makers (Liberty, Cannon, Winchester, Fort Knox, etc.). Sturdy uses thicker steel, better and stronger locks, and much better fireproofing for generally the same as the other makers, for less $. Better product for less $ = great deal.

Do your research.