Gun safe at CostCo?

Longdayjake

There are better safes for cheaper. Costco really isn't as cheap as everyone thinks they are. Where are you located in the US? Around here we have CAL ranch stores. They have better safes for better prices.

Bigfatts

I can't say anything about that particular model but in general all the Sentry safes I have seen in person have been flimsy and poorly built.

I bought one of the Winchester safes they sell at Sam's Club around hunting season. It holds 20-ish long guns and has a digital key pad (important for me as standard combo locks confound me). I think it also has a fire rating and water submersion rating, can't remember what though. It's not the best but it would take some determination to get into or move. You can also bolt it down. I want to say it was around $525.

mapsjanhere

I'm waiting for their next deal on the Bighorn safes, I looked at them at the local sportsmen's warehouse and was really impressed. Their regular price is the same as SW, and I like that they deliver, saves me 3/4 of the work.

dreamweaver

if you order online some of there safes include delivery

that's a big savings. curbside deliver can cost $150 or more on some safes, and then you still have to get it in the house! no easy task, i used a fork lift on the last one.

rioalumni05

im waiting to see a dicks black friday ad. i was at our local dicks and they had probably 40 safes at the front doors last weekend... have to be having a nice BF sale, but of course they are the last store to leak their ad for the big shopping day....

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Some FWIW: I moved my 800-pound "steel closet" by my lonesome self. I made a plywood "road" and made dowels from old broomsticks. Rolling is easier than sliding or lifting.

Ozzieman

Check Menards they have recently started selling gun safes. We picked up a Stack-0n electronic fire safe for only 599$ that was the same size and the great thing about Menards was that they delivered it to your house in the room of your choice (single floor only) for $85. And they did it within 3 days. I tried to purchase a safe from Dicks sporting goods and we waited 3 YES 3 weeks for the moving company to even notify us of setting up a date for delivery (two weeks minimum).
Funny thing was, we had canceled the order from Dicks a week before since they wanted 200$ more for the safe and $390 for moving the safe to your house, which in our case was 3 miles.
Be very careful about the free shipping. Dicks informed me that the shipping (380$) was only to the street. Several others that said free shipping also stated that the free shipping was only to the back of the truck.
Art may have luck moving an 800 pound safe by him self but it sure was nice to have two guys with all the equipment needed to move it, place it in the room and remove all the shipping material and take it with them.
Dicks sporting goods is a clothing store that tries to be a gun store and fails at it.

Last edited:

mikefromme

Dicks had the an unadvertised sale on black friday for a 24 gun fire rated safe. After all the rebates and promos I paid $380. It was a stack-on elite.