Gun permits

Mastrogiacomo

I live in Peabody, an hour north of Boston. When I applied for my gun permit, I requested a Class A licence to carry, which allows me to carry a gun loaded and concealed. I was denied because I'm not a business owner in a high risk area, employed in armed security and because the chief "doesn't give out Class A permits to anybody." I was told I could take him to court but I wouldn't win. A woman from this area won the right to a Class A but she had to hire a lawyer. I wonder what arguement I could use with the chief for this permit. I've applied since the summer to every job in this field and responded to news ads for work. When they hear I have a Class B, no one answers my calls or invites me to have an interview. Some companies would hire me for low pay and keep me on for a year before they'd "consider" requesting this permit on my behalf. As it stands the Class B only allows me to carry a visible unloaded gun. Oh wow.....does anyone live in a city like this? I'd love to hear some ideas for what I could put down on the gun permit application when I try again. Thanks!:confused:

.45&TKD

Vote with your $ and feet...

Move to Arizona, we'd love to have you.

I feel sorry for any conservative living in Mass.

Mastrogiacomo

I have tried G.O.A.L. actually. They were the second place I looked for advice. They never got back to me on this and I imagine they'd just tell me to look into hiring a good lawyer. :(

lgm_rambone

DONATE to his favorite charity or to the department. Give to some cop fund or something, make sure he knows it came from you and apply again. I figure 1k-3k should be generous enough.

Mastrogiacomo

As it stands now, I'm the charity case. I've been unable to find work in more than two years, regardless of a M.Ed. People give a lot of lip service about hiring the disabled but no one actually hires us. Ever check out Monster.com's latests numbers on the disabled unemployed? I'm living well below poverty level and now returning to school for computer training to make a career change. Sound like I have the cash to bribe anyone? :rolleyes:

Bunkster

Mastrogiacomo, speaking of "Monster.com", please understand this is one huge anti-gun company. The owner has funded just about all of the anti groups.

Regards