Gun Pal e-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

Staff: if this is inapropriate here, please advise or delete or move.

I recenlty received an e-mail from Gpay (gun pal) asking for financial investment to support the company.
I only scanned it quickly because once opened I became concerned it was one of those Nigerial scams and was concerned about virus/bots/whatever.
Has anyone received these notices? And, does anyone know if they are legitimate investment solicitations?

lawnboy

The scenario as stated screams scam.

I recenlty received an e-mail from Gpay (gun pal) asking for financial investment to support the company

Did they offer you something in return? Like stock, or a percentage of the ownership of the company? If they did there is a small possibility it is legit. If they did not offer you something it is certainly a scam.

What you describe above is a company asking for charity. For profit companies don't do this. At least not legitimately. Companies do sometimes seek a cash infusion from investors, but a stake in the company is always offered.

Has anyone received these notices? And, does anyone know if they are legitimate investment solicitations?

I've not received anything like this from gpal. It is not legitimate unless you are offered a stake in the company.

Post the text of the email if you want more specific comment.

I only scanned it quickly because once opened I became concerned it was one of those Nigerial scams and was concerned about virus/bots/whatever.

Too late. If you opened it you've got whatever malware was in it. Your speed doesn't matter. Computers and software are infinitely faster than you are.

lawnboy

Having read thru the thread that DonH posted above I think it can safely be assumed that whatever the OP received was at least "scammy" if not an outright scam.

You'd be better off sending your money to Nigeria.

Evan Thomas

Rifleman, you might want to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, submitting the email you received. The IC3 is a joint effort of the National White Collar Crime Center and the FBI, which is currently investigating Gpal. You don't have to have been defrauded yourself to send a complaint -- their FAQ page encourages anyone who is aware of a possible internet crime to file, and I think this qualifies.

As pax wrote in the thread linked by Don H:
If the FBI is issuing bulletins about a Ponzi scheme related to this type of company designed to deal with firearms, the FBI can't be talking about anyone else but GPal.

Given that they're already under investigation by the FBI, soliciting "investments" seems, um, kinda nervy...

Last edited:

Bud Helms

There's enough info here to sound any needed alarm, but not really firearms related.

We' close this one and leave it visible.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.