gun manufacturers that make the 10mm?

benny27

I'm just interested in why more manufaturers don't make the 10mm for their guns if the round is suppose to be that great. I know glock makes them, but I really don't like glocks, not because their bad guns, it's just that for me their to ugly to look at (no offense), does anyone know if they're any 1911 platforms that make 10mm. I own 2 Springfield 1911's and a Beretta 92fs and they seem to be the only models I seem to like, and I know Beretta doesn't make 10mm, but not sure about the 1911's, any info appreciated..:cool:

Stevie-Ray

Colt's Delta Elite can be still had in used guns. I bought mine brand new when 10mm was young and love it. Springfield Armory and Dan wesson come to mind also. Dan Wessons are still being made. Not sure if any others are still being made, but they are quite plentiful at our gun shows.

Personally, I always wanted a Gold Cup in 10mm.

VinnyT

Dan Wesson 1911's - Pointman & Razorback
EAA Witness
Glock (as stated)
Colt Delta 1911 (as stated)
Springfield Omega 1911
Kimber 1911
Fusion 1911
Bren-Ten (if you can find one)
S&W

I reciently bought a 10mm... I went to the toy store fully expecting to buy the Glock... but I could not warm up to it... the grip fit for me was aweful ( like holding a chunk of 2 X 2 wood board )... I chose the EAA Witness ( a CZ clone) in "Wonder Finish"... it was 1/2 the price of any of the others available, has the great CZ ergonomics, & I heard nothing but good stuff about the guns, before I bought mine... this pic is not my gun, but was a great pic I put on my desktop as a "motivational pic" while the gun was on lay away... I highly recommend a Witness...

attachment.php

rjs

Magnum Wheel Man. Only Glocks around here.

Were there any others of that brand in 10mm that needed a new home for Christmas. (Store & location appreciated.) :D

rjs

Thanks Mag. WHeel Man

I purchased my Baer & an S&W from Mr. M at the Rochester show last Jan. Looking forward to there display next month. Great to deal with and talk to.

auto45. What makes you say that?

obxned

I would buy one if money wasn't scarcer around here than honest politicians. I would probably buy the EEA witness/Tanfoglio pistol, but there are others I would look at.

Waldo Pepper

Here is my two babies. The S&W was bought used for $600 OTD and the Witness was $375 OTD and they both are keepers. The Witness is the more pleasant to shoot and the most accurate of the two.

DSC00431.jpg

auto45

auto45. What makes you say that?

I just don't see many at the shops or shooting. I have to assume they don't sell well.

That doesn't mean it isn't a good cartridge or companies shouldn't make them.

Just one of those things!

RickB

In his later years, Col. Cooper admitted that the 10mm wasn't as much of an advancement as originally believed. It will hit, at 75 yards, with as much energy as a .45 does off the muzzle! But, who's shooting at anything at 75 yards with a service pistol? Effectiveness out to 75 inches is more important, and the .45 handles that perfectly, without the recoil, muzzle blast, etc., of the 10. That said, I love my Delta Elite, and love the snap and big bang when I shoot it. It's an extremely versatile caliber for the handloader, but factory ammo is sort of a hassle to find, and can be very expensive.