"Gun guru" and the M&P

Silvanus

I went to a gun shop today and saw a S&W M&P for the first time. I liked it, but not anymore than my Glock. But still a very nice pistol, I'd like to have one:)

I've never seen one in another shop or at the range before, so I asked the owner why he ordered one. He told me that there was an American firearms instructor in Luxembourg and/or Germany (I really can't remember) not long ago, teaching some classes. He wanted to visit a gun shop in Luxembourg and see what we got here and learn something about our gun laws.

The shop owner and the instructor talked about handguns too and the instructor swore by the new M&P. He said it was one of the best polymer guns on the market. Much better than a Glock for example and (this surprised me, since it doesn't have a manual safety either) much safer too. He is supposed to be a real expert about handguns and firearms in general, so the shop owner oredered a M&P later to see for himself. Like me, he's not that much impressed by it. He also said it's a very nice gun, nothing revolutionary though. Not better or worse than the current offerings in the polymer market.

Now I wonder who that guy was. He couldn't remember the name, but the gun shop owner and another guy who was there told me he was a renowned firearms instructor (he called him a "gun guru":D) in the US.

Do you guys know who the owner was talking about? What famous instructor favours the M&P pistol as his sidearms? I'm afraid that's about all I know of him:confused:

BTW, he just received a brand new Walther PPS too. That's one neat little pistol. Nothing useful for me personally(but I'd like to have one of those too), but I bet it will be a success in America for the concealed carry market.