Gun-friendly TV: Jesse Stone, Night Pasage

Dave R

In case you missed it, Tom Selleck is back in a TV movie he Executive Produced, and stars in. Jesse Stone, Night Passage. And there's another episode coming. He's an old LA cop, hired to be the new Chief of Police in a small, corrupt town.

Great gun handling. Examples:

(To one of his cops) "You wanna try to keep your finger off the trigger."

"Don't shoot and stand still. Shoot and move."

"To win the fight: front sight."

And guess what pistol he carries :D

Yeah, there was (at least) one mistake. SPOILER: a slienced revolver. But still one of the best things I've seen on television in a long time. Recommended.

Last edited:

warwagon

re:gun friendly

Saw that, pretty good show, (except for the supressed revolver). You say there will be another? When?

Guy B. Meredith

The setting for this show is the same as Selleck's last TV movie, the name of which I cannot recall. Might be interesting if they go through the whole series of Stone's books.

Er, I don't really know how many Stone wrote, haven't read any of them. Well, I hope there are a few.

RioShooter

Four Novels

There are four Jesse Stone novels:

Night Passage (1997)
Trouble in Paradise (1998)
Death in Paradise (2001)
Stone Cold (2003)

These are written by Robert B. Parker, who also wrote 33 Spenser novels.

Guy B. Meredith

Ah. Stone is the character, not the author. My mistake.

Stone Cold has already shown and seemed to happen at a later time than Night Passage.

Doug.38PR

And guess what pistol he carries

Didn't see it, but I'll take a guess (without reading any other responses) and say it was the 1911 A1 that he used in Magnum P.I. :cool:

What channel and time is it on? Hallmark? TNT? Or What?

I liked him in Quigley down under. "This isn't Dodge City. And you ain't no Bill Hickock.....I said I didn't have much use for a pistol. I didn't say I didn't know how to use one."

What was the movie he was in where he was a Southern Confederate who went back home to Texas after the war and was pursued by renegade yankee outlaws or something?

Dave R

Didn't see it, but I'll take a guess (without reading any other responses) and say it was the 1911 A1 that he used in Magnum P.I.
It was a 1911, but not the same one as in Magnum. This one is stainless.