Gun Dealer &/or Gunsmith in Denver

JasonReed

Hi Folks,

Anyone know of a reasonably priced gunshop and/or smith in the Denver Colorado area (as far south as Castle Rock)? I'm fairly new to the area and have found the few dealers I've checked at to be awfully pricey. Admittedly, I haven't started prowling the pawn shops yet. Haven't found a smith yet.

Appreciate the input.

-Jason

Morgan

Jason, the best dealer by far is Tom & Joe's Firearms on the west side of town. Small shop, but he'll order whatever you need, and is very knowledgeable. 303/231-0998.

Another possibility is Cal's Sporting Armory. Good prices on H&K and AR stuff, and low taxes. 303/806-0357 or www.cassportingarmory.com.

For smithing it all depends on what you want done. Tom could point you in the right direction. I've heard good things about GUnworks of Colorado. 303/986-9412.

Don't forget some of the shops up north. Jensen Arms in Loveland is pretty good, and not that far of a drive. (970) 663-5994.

Finally, to meet some like minded folk, join Front Range IDPA. http://idpa.gunsnet.net/

Morgan

In regards to Gunsmoke, the owner there just cost several hundred people their concealed weapons permits because he couldn't keep a gentelman's agreement. I have heard good things about their smithing, but I'll never set foot there now.

Jessica Wellman

In regards to Gunsmoke, the owner there just cost several hundred people their concealed weapons permits because he couldn't keep a gentelman's agreement. I have heard good things about their smithing, but I'll never set foot there now.

Hmmm...doesn't sound like Rich. What's the scoop?

motorep

Green Mountain Guns, 11078 W. Jewell Ave, in Lakewood.303-985-7240. I've been dealing with them for many years, have tried some of the others and always found myself going back. Honest people, good inventory, good prices.

With the exception of Gunsmoke, and maybe SportsWest, it's going to be difficult to find a good gunsmith at the gunshops. Depends on what you want done.

Morgan

Ahh, yes, Green Mountain. Fair prices, honest guys, better selection than most.

In regards to the Gunsmoke situation, discussing it further in an open forum would mean MY breaking a gentleman's agreement, and that won't happen. Loose lips brought about the whole problem... I think, perhaps, it was only well-meaning overzealousness, but I've made my judgement. Give the shop a call and ask them about CCW, and make your own.