Gun Confiscation, who's accountable??

jtaylor

Not sure if this is the best area to post this and I'm sure many have seen this video. It's shocking, disturbing, appauling, scary and true. New Orleans residents disarmed illegally, beaten, guns smashed on pavement. Why aren't the cops responsible held accountable for violation of rights??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

If you are referring to the happenings right after Katrina, it is old news...but still worth being very upset about. I have still not seen anyone held accountable.

Even though it happened on W's watch I am sure it is somehow Bill Clinton's fault. :rolleyes:

jtaylor

I figured it was old news. I had heard about it, but never saw anyone talking about it. Obviously the video has been widely viewed. What can we expect to be able to do in these situations?? I used to laugh at "crazy militia types" in the past. I was mistaken...We need more local militia to put more power in the civilian sector. It's awful what they did in New Orleans...Those cops are as bad as Nazis.

jtaylor

I don't hate cops, some of the best people I've met are cops, but bad people can be cops too...The specific cops responsible in New Orleans for this violation of rights...If you tell someone this story and ask them when and where it happened, they'd think it was Nazi Germany.

SecDef

I'm confused. Are you decrying the actions of individuals or the political environment that allows them to continue these actions?

Even though it happened on W's watch I am sure it is somehow Bill Clinton's fault.

Actually, even though it happened under the Governor's watch I'm sure it's somehow Bush's fault...

Why aren't the cops responsible held accountable for violation of rights??

I don't know the straight direct answer to your question. My guess is that the cops were following orders. Whomever gave the order should be the prime punishee(if that's a word).

If it's an elected official, then it's ultimately the citizens' responsibility to vote him/her out of office. Of course, all due respect to New Orleans and Louisiana residents on this board, I think the Gov and mayor still got reelected. If this is the case, then I don't have much pity...

xd9fan

Until cops and Govt Politicians do the perp walk for civil rights violations.......nothing will change.....what we have now is just paper rattling

They are Bil Of Rights not the Bills of Suggestions

Perldog007

God Bless those poor folks. I hope I am never in the position where a natural disaster has caused a suspension of civilities and armed men come to disarm me.

I am not a militia type, but it would be a terrible position to be put in on either side. Especially if you have taken the oath of office a few times, and taken it seriously.

Is the person disarming you evil, or misguided? If you are wearing a badge and get that order to round up all the guns, what do you do? Do you follow your oath or the order?

Seems like they all followed the order, that is disturbing.

I liked the Baptist Minister in the video, she was special. I wonder how she ended up not losing her gun?

Does anybody know if there is any legal basis for the confiscation that could be used to prosecute a resistor? From the video it seems like some may have been killed out of hand for standing up for their rights.

Wonder if anybody who was disarmed became a victim.