Gun belts

AzShooter

Ernie Hill Speed Leather. They run about 100 buck but last forever. I still have a 40 year old belt. It's a little loose now since I've lost a lot of weight but I replaced it with two new belts from Ernie as I progressed to my goal.

Hawg

Bullhide but it's about 1/4 inch thick. If you have narrow belt loops it will be a problem.

Spats McGee

Administrator
Over the years, I've used a Beltman, an Aker B21, a DeSantis Econobelt and a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer.

jfruser

We are blessed with a number of folk who make a good gun belt.

Hanks is the best bang/buck for leather.

5.11 best bang/buck for synthetic reinforced nylon webbing.

Other fine belts can be had from El Paso Saddlery, Hakan, The Belt Man.

I own belts from all of the above. There are others,.

jfruser

Captains1911:

I am not wedded to 5.11, but their reinforced nylon belts are darned cheap, work, and are long-lasting.

The 5.11 Tactical Trainer (1.5" wide) and Operator (1.75" wide) were $30-$35 when I bought them a few years back.

$45 delivered now on Amazon. Gotta love inflation.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019MNL0Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have three and have used them for years. They show no wear I can see.

If you know where I can do better, don't be shy. I like to have options.

Captains1911

Captains1911:

I am not wedded to 5.11, but their reinforced nylon belts are darned cheap, work, and are long-lasting.

The 5.11 Tactical Trainer (1.5" wide) and Operator (1.75" wide) were $30-$35 when I bought them a few years back.

$45 delivered now on Amazon. Gotta love inflation.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019MNL0Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have three and have used them for years. They show no wear I can see.

If you know where I can do better, don't be shy. I like to have options.

Fair enough. I'd also recommend checking out the Blue Alpha Gear Low Profile EDC Belt ($40), as well as several of the offering from The Wilderness Tactical. LA Police Gear also has a Wilderness Instructor knockoff for about $26, it's not quite as stiff as The Wilderness, but not bad for the price. Lots of options.

GJeffB

I'm a very satisfied repeat customer of thebeltman.net
I've just ordered my 3rd (?). I average 6-7 years per belt, but beyond that is some pretty solid customer service and handholding with ordering.

-jb, no affiliation, yada yada

armoredman

I just got my Midway CCW belt, and it seems very well made, very sturdy. Of course, they discontinued it right after, so I ordered on of their newer EDC belts. MUCH thinner, flimsy, could have bought a better belt at Walmart. Lesson learned.