Gun Belts...What Do You Wear?

FunGramps

I've worn my Galco 1 1/2" tapered leather belt for everyday use and carry, going on 12 years now. Great belt, and it seemed expensive at the time (around $60.00). The belt has been through hell and back, even accidentally ran it through the wash. :(
I keep it healthy with leather conditioner, and I couldn't ask for a better made belt. The buckle is heavy, solid brass. I've often thought it would put some significant hurt to a thug if used properly.
So, do you wear a belt made for a holster, and if so, what do you have, and how has it held up?

Shadow9mm

Issued a 2 1/4 Boston leather duty belt (my agency felt "gun belt" was not the best terminology based on the fact that many other things that are used more are carried on it and did not project an image they liked)

Personally I have run the crossbreed gun belts for a while for my EDC use, it has worked well for me so far.

Last edited:

DaleA

Off topic note about belts. I thought I would be smart and get a belt with no metal in it to make my life easier at airport security. Airport security made me take it off anyway. :rolleyes:

zoo

Currently Kore Essentials Western EDC Buffalo leather, one brown one black both rated for up to 6 lbs and a black nylon garrison belt rated for up to 8 lbs. All hidden track.

STORM2

Big Foot Steel Core. Worth the $. Will not warp/sag. I own both weights (thicknesses). Be cautious, the heavier...is thick and extremely tight on some holsters.

rodfac

I've made my own belts for over 20 yrs now, and also for friends and family who do some shooting and need a heavier than usual belt to carry a handgun of "duty" size. Most blue collar work, play and utility pants have 1-1/2" belt loops or perhaps a scoosh bigger. And that's what I make my belts for...1-1/2" with a good buckle. All of my holsters are made to that size as well, & fitted close enough so the holster stays put and won't slide around on the belt it's made for. Rarely, and I mean rarely, have I made a belt that's narrower...one of my grand-daughters is the only one that comes to mind, and that one was 1-1/4".

Width of course but also thickness are important if you're carrying a side arm, and even more if you're encumbered with an off side, magazine slide-on. Off hand I can't remember the oz. weight of the leather I've used, but measuring just now, the one I've got on is just shy of 3/16" thick. It's carried full size 1911's with a double magazine pouch on the off side without sagging...and that's the key, if the belt sags, you've either cinched it up too loose, or more likely, need heavier leather for the job.

YMMv Rod

Last edited:

FunGramps

Looks like there has been some very creative and useful changes to the common leather belt over the years. I'm old and hate change, but I did buy a Glock 19 after I always swore I'd never own a "plastic gun".

I'm trying to keep up with the times as best I can. I'm even warming up to the idea of gun reform...reforming it to the point where the fed and states cannot adopt their own laws which infringe on our 2nd amendment rights in any way whatsoever. Now THAT's what I call "reform". :)

Last edited:

DaleA

I'm even warming up to the idea of gun reform...reforming it to the point where the fed and states cannot adopt their own laws which infringe on our 2nd amendment rights in any way whatsoever. Now THAT's what I call "reform".

Good one.

That's what I'd call "common sense" gun laws. :D

Sanch

I don't wear one. My girlfriend don't notice the weight when her purse is strapped over her shoulder facing my strong side.

RETG

Kore leather CDC belts do not last, they show wear marks within weeks...
bELOAVb.jpg

ZHSSdsC.jpg

However, I will say they send a replacement belt immediately upon notification, but the new one did the same.

That wear is from a Desantis holster for a H&K P30SK; not a heavy handgun by all means.

Now, I have had a few of their tactical belts with better luck. They hold up better, but are stiffer.

And Anson belt has similar products, with more buckle choices.

I purchase them basically due to the track system. However, for decades I carried with standard 1.5" or 1.25" Levi leather belts (casual vs. dress and yea, they wear, but don't all things?

Brit

Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer belt. No idea how long I have been using this belt, do not wear any other belt. It looks like new! My Glock 19 4th Gen shows no sign of wear either. On the offside a Glock mag pouch, plus a modified Glock mag pouch.
Sit it in the kitchen sink, run under the hot water tap, keep easing the flashlight into it, till it fits. A Glock 17 mag, rides in a factory mag pouch, $15.00? In using a Glock factory mag pouch, also real cheap (do not know the cost!) for at least 10 years.

Kore leather CDC belts do not last, they show wear marks within weeks...
bELOAVb.jpg

ZHSSdsC.jpg

However, I will say they send a replacement belt immediately upon notification, but the new one did the same.

That wear is from a Desantis holster for a H&K P30SK; not a heavy handgun by all means.

Now, I have had a few of their tactical belts with better luck. They hold up better, but are stiffer.

And Anson belt has similar products, with more buckle choices.

I purchase them basically due to the track system. However, for decades I carried with standard 1.5" or 1.25" Levi leather belts (casual vs. dress and yea, they wear, but don't all things?
I have been wearing a Kore essential now for a few years and no sign of that kind of wear at all. Yes, a little lighter gun but still that does not look right. What holster are you wearing?