Gun and Holster for Running (Jogging)

Para Bellum

Hi Folks,

I have a Glock 26 and a NAA .22 Mag 1 5/8" (and others).
Carrying one of them while running (jogging) makes my mind work.

What would be the best way to carry running?

Would the ammo mind the shaking?

What do you folks do?

Stay safe,
PB

Nasty

It's a tough CCW situation. Presuming that you run bare chested you've not got much real estate to work with. I use a Keltec P32 with belt clip on the waistband.

Same at the beach...

Delaware_Dan

I would grab my LCP and try out various holsters. Can't say I have had the need though, I'm pretty out of shape. The only running I do is to the ice cream truck.

Kreyzhorse

I run as well and don't carry. If I were going to carry, it would be my LCP in a fanny pack. Not ideal, but it would work.

No, the ammo won't mind the shaking.

troy_mclure

just buy running shorts with pockets, cell in one pocket, mini in the other.

or if you dont like the jangly bouncyness, get some pockets just bigenough for it sewn up on the inside by the waist band.

comn-cents

It's not that big of a dilemma. Fanny pack, I've been doing it for years. First I carried a Kimber sub-compact, then an HKc with 2 extra mags, a can of pepper spray and a surefire flash light. The gun has changed to a Sig p250 but all the rest is the same.

Nasty

My issue with the fanny pack idea is that it looks like I might have something worth stealing (wallet, cell, Ipod, whatever).

The way I do it, it looks like I have nothing with me.

comn-cents

Nasty "My issue with the fanny pack idea is that it looks like I might have something worth stealing (wallet, cell, Ipod, whatever)".

Do you really think that if someone sees a fanny pack they think you might have something to steal? REALLY? :rolleyes:

I bet I can draw out of my fanny pack twice as fast as you can from you clip.

oldandslow

pb, 10/4/10

I have been running for the past twelve years. I used to leave my pistol in the car but someone broke into the car and stole the weapon. Now I run with a waist pack from Anderson Enterprises sold through www.theconcealmentshop.com listed in their pistol pack department. I usually carry a light 9mm, either a Sig 239 or SW 3914. It works great. I run shirtless so having a holster at the waistline doesn't work. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Nasty

comn-cents...

Do you really think that if someone sees a fanny pack they think you might have something to steal? REALLY?

I bet I can draw out of my fanny pack twice as fast as you can from you clip.

You must *really* be fast...I've been in competitive shooting for about 35 years now. National Match, PPC, Early IPSC, IDPA...wow!

It'd be fun to take you up on it on a real range and not just this internet thing.

comn-cents

You drawing a tiny little kel-tec with a clip draw on it stuck in your waist band. Just trying to find that thing with sweaty hands, covered with a shirt.:rolleyes: O ya does it stays in the same place all the time?

AZAK

Fanny pack. Works. Small and tightly fitted; no room for bouncing around.

As far as having something worth stealing because one is wearing a fanny pack:
first you are already running (you have a head start and if you have been doing it for any length of time are probably in much better running shape than a would be Bandito - so given most situations and with any amount of situational awareness this really shouldn't be an issue!) and second you are armed (what are you really worried about?)

Haven't seen too many news articles about fanny pack runners being assaulted for what is in their fanny packs.