Gun and ammo sales booming

vito

I was at my local MC Sports yesterday buying ammo and talking with the sales staff. They stated that this has been by far their biggest year for gun sales, and lately their ammo sales have been going through the roof. Some of it might be the expected price increases on July 1 for ammo, but two of the sales clerks stated that many gun and ammo buyers are really spooked by the thought of a Democrat veto proof Congress and a likely Obama presidency and fear that their right to buy guns and ammo easily will be restricted. I wonder if the sales boom is something local or happening everywhere. I don't agree with a lot of the positions of John McCain but I don't worry about his restricting my 2A rights.

Tom2

Yes something to worry about I suppose. Price of oil can come down but new laws tend to stick around.

toybox99615

same old line of BS

every election cycle from the presidency to senate and house always brings out the gun store owners banners claiming after the election you won't be able to buy one of these. Followed by the clerk telling you the prices have gone up becasue there is so great a demand before the election. It just part of the election cycle.