Guilty pleasure????

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
I was at the range yesterday and found a an Inland 30 cal M1 carbine for $350 in very nice shape.. overall wood was excellent, some metal parts were blued others parkerized so i suspect its a parts gun.. but talk about fast handling... and ALL the evil features, bayo. lug, etc. anyone else been tempted by this "pipsqueak" of sport-utility rifles??

Dr.Rob

Sport-utility rifle?

The Carbine is a handy, light and fun little gun. Some loved and others cursed it. I bought a Saginaw made one back in college and would like to restore it to is original configuration with the flip type "L" sight.

ONewman

Tempted hell....I've got one. It is probably the most fun rifle to shoot that I own. BTW, I think that the M1 Carbine came with a blued bolt in the original configuration, but I could be wrong. My personal recommendation is to get one and enjoy :)

Juan Hunt Greer

A rather late reply to Dr Rob: I have
several. They're light, fun, reasonably accurate, and if you use soft-points,they
become a halfway decent "social gun". They
are also just about perfect for fast coyotes.
Go ahead, have fun! crankshaft

Correia

I don't have any experience with one myself, but it was kind of interesting, the other day I was hanging out at the local gun shop, when a bunch of other regulars came in after the local 3 gun match. There had been a guy shooting a .30 carbine, and everybody swore up and down that was the most lethal human being, and last person that they would want to get into a gun fight with that they had ever seen. He made his carbine "sing".

If your looking for a new one, check out the Israeli made ones. I don't know the the webpage for sure, but I think its www.israelarms.com

loknload

I have an original WW2 Inland. Its a great rifle, fun to shoot and accurate as all heck. Go for it you won't regret it :)

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

Zeebrahed

I lucked into a low serial Inland and I can tell you...it is THE nicest handling and enjoyable gun I own. The history is pretty interesting as well...

Reliable, soft points are cheap if you handload, high capacity with the M2 mags (cheap mags too...EVERYONE seems to have M1 mags..)

Bottom line? Great gun. You won't regret it.

Yours in liberty,

Tom

ModIMark0

Yes, I too had the opportunity to shoot one a few months back (courtesy of a fellow TFL member). That is one enjoyable rifle to shoot, and it got me to thinking about looking into one in the future. The only thing that keeps the temptation in check is the fact that I don't have the money.

Jaeger

My wife bought her 1st rifle rifle a few months back. You guessed it, an M1 carbine. She bought the IMI 888. It's more accurate than I thought it would ever be (consistent head shots at 100). Man is it fun to shoot! Buy one and have a ball! You won't regret it.

johnwill

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr.Rob:
... anyone else been tempted by this "pipsqueak" of sport-utility rifles??

Dr.Rob
[/quote]

I suspect a lot of us. I have two of them myself, they're a fun little carbine. :)