Guide rod questions

cheddar

Ok-rephrase...

The spring seems to be getting weak. 2000 rounds sound about right? Also, I dont like the current guide rod(very cheap design), so I was wondering if someone makes anything better?

ranburr

What pistol are we talking about? 2,000 rounds is not a lot to fire on most springs (maybe if we are talking about a hard recoiling compact pistol). If we are talking a 1911 or a Glock, there are lots of places to get rods and springs. If we are talking about something more obscure, you may have to order from the factory or try Brownell's. I am not sure what you mean by cheap design, unless we are talking plastic. Plastic rods tend to hold up as well as stainless models. Some pistols require plastic rods so that they can flex for installation and removal.

ranburr

cheddar

Nothing for Taurus. Im so sick of that. Ranburr, the 24/7 in my sig is the one Im talking about. AS for the cheap comment, The guide rod isnt even sitting on the barrel when I disassemble the gun about %40 of the time. I can see in the frame where the spring is grinding into it. I was at about 1975 rounds when I was reloading and the slide wouldnt go all the way forward. It was mostly my fault, I didnt let the slide go. I kind of rode it shut(didnt let it go). I always used to do ths but now its become an issue. If I pull the slide back and let it go its fine. The gun shoots just fine. It still doesnt fail to feed while shooting. So the spring just seems to be getting a little weak. Sound right at all?

cheddar

I just got off the phone with customer service at Taurus. Asisde from the people in the background screaming in spanish the call went well. At first he started by telling me I have to send it in...then I told him I start shooting(with this pistol) next week in a league. He said, We'll just send you a new one. No Charge! Seems like the service on this call was great!