Guess what I can do???

5whiskey

So I finally bit the bullet and purchased a laser engraving machine. It's a big investment, but I figured I could at least make the money back from it... which would mean I got my pet engraving projects accomplished for free. At best... I turn it into a decent business and make some decent money. There's very few people that do this locally and I have a target market that I believe will be quite successful. At any rate, here's an example of some of my work...

Yeah, I put it in the rifle/general because most of my work will be rifle parts... that I don't manufacture... of course... Thank you ITAR and the Department of State

5whiskey

Not .003. All a laser will do is leave a mark on the anodizing or parkerizing... Unless you have a fiber laser that start at $20k and only go up.

Debating on a small CNC mill to do NFA stuff, few people in my area do it.

briandg

get invoved on facebook with local gun groups and offer it there. A guy here provides cerakote and dip finishes.

Dont know how many people will want the service if it doesn't actually bite the steel, but plenty of polymer fans will be interested.

I suspect that you may be able to supply checkering to some wooden stock owners.

5whiskey

It does not bite the steel, but it will etch a permanent mark into an anodized or parkerized finish, so it would be good for logos but not actual engraving ala SBR requirements. Will not touch bluing.

Yeah I'm trying to create a market locally. I'm doing a group buy on some knives and holsters at local PDs, and yes I probably will approach a couple of gun shops. I already have some interest so I think it will go fairly well... just a hobby business at this point but I would like to make it more one day.

And yes, it's not firearms specific. I can do tons of stuff.