Guardian .380 vs Bond Defender .45lc/410

Mikeyboy

I want a pocket gun that has good old steel. Both the Guardian .380 and the Bond Defender are very pocketable, MUCH smaller that a snub nose revolver, around the same weight (20oz), and will last a lifetime.

Which way should I go 6+1 in .380 with a slight chance of a jam or just 2 rounds of reliable .45lc /.410 fury ????

Mikeyboy

The Ruger LCR!!! A polymer revolver.

BLASPHEMY !!!

The LCR is only a few ounces lighter and a lot bigger

What has happened to metal and wood???

texaxdefender.jpg

380main.jpg

DasFriek

I bought and shot a .380 recently and im rather surprised that its not as weak as many make it sound.Im no Derringer guy so i would get the auto.
You may also want to check out the Micro Eagle .380 as its all metal also.

rantingredneck

I've owned a couple of Guardians. Good guns. I no longer own them. I have an LCP and LCR and the two of them satisfy my pocket needs, blasphemy and all.

The thing you'll find if you shoot them side by side, is that the Guardian actually recoils harder than the LCP. The difference in blowback and locked breech actions.

That all being said, between your two choices I'd go Guardian simply because of the capacity and ease of reloading. Also that .45 Colt isn't gonna have a whole lotta oomph out of such a short barrel y'know......

Delaware_Dan

Both the Guardian .380 and the Bond Defender are very pocketable, MUCH smaller that a snub nose revolver

The Bond Defender is not much smaller than a J frame. I would get a 642/442 but that's just me. Between the two, I would get the Gaurdian.

comn-cents

I had a few of Guardian series and want them back. I really liked the .32naa round. If they would have made a solid point or ball factory round for it I would still have it. Go Guardian!

rantingredneck

If they would have made a solid point or ball factory round for it I would still have it. Go Guardian!

They did. Corbon loaded a 71gr. FMJ load for it. Wasn't very expensive through NAA either. Something like 22.00/50

comn-cents

rantingredneck "They did. Corbon loaded a 71gr. FMJ load for it. Wasn't very expensive through NAA either. Something like 22.00/50"

They didn't when I first got mine.