Gsg/ati stg-44

DennisCA

OK - I realize this isn't your ave semi-auto but this is one of coolest rifle I've bought (IMHO):

GSG-MP%20446_zpsb7skz14w.jpg

GGS-MP%20447_zpsqkhgsqqi.jpg

Basically - It a .22 replica modeled after the famous (infamous?) World War II: Sturmgewehr 44 (StG44):
http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/smallarms/p/stg44.htm

I've got one. It may not be my favorite, and it may even have zamak parts, but dollar for dollar it is probably in my top five as far as value at the range. Fun for me to shoot. Fun for others to shoot.

One of these days I'm going to walk into walmart and see bulk packs of 22lr on the shelf at .06 cents a round and then I'll really like the thing.

Ozzieman

I have one also and reallllly like it. Several suggestions.
If you like shooting it off a bench order a couple of 10 round mags. Much handier.
Get a good neutral wood wax and get a couple of coatings on the stock and hand grip. The finish is very thin and if scratched it looks like a light bulb the wood is so light in color.
The one major problem I have with mine is shooting it. You pull it out of the case it comes with and if there are any other people around you it will be 15 to 30 minutes before you start shooting. Everyone wants to see and handle it.