GSG 1911 22 - Like em or love em

TRguy

I have a GSG 1911 22, and love the feel of it as have the same deminsions as my full size 1911s

From what I have read it seems they can be hit or miss on reliability but so far before and after my add ons mine has functioned as designed.

IMG_20131013_133826_965_zps46604645.jpg

I added a CW accessories (http://www.cwaccessories.com/) match grade thread protector, stainless barrel bushing, stainless steel guide rod and improved recoil spring & Cap.
IMG_20131013_133813_394_zpsfd0cb9fb.jpg

IMG_20131013_134053_490_zps4dac44d5.jpg

IMG_20131013_134223_492_zps168f65b6.jpg

Added Coco Bolo diamond cut grips (had to change out the metric grip screws for standard)

Added a Wilson Combat flat mainspring housing and internals

IMG_20131013_134000_598_zps81e9e239.jpg

GSG-191122LRshooting_zps25992ca0.jpg

Loads of fun to shoot

spacecoast

Mine is bone stock and I like it very much. It makes a good suppressor host. I wish the magazines weren't so expensive.

Nice upgrades on yours.

Sevens

Over 4,600 rounds through mine with a ridiculously low rate of failure running Federal Champion 36gr plated bulk. I'm running the 14-round magazine followers, which are a bit more difficult to load, but the FUN increases by quite a bit. Swapped out the arched MSH for a flat one, yanked out the ambi side of the thumb safety, put the regular (non-finger groove) Pachmayr grips on it and those are the only changes I've made. I've sometimes gone l-o-n-g intervals without cleaning, just to see if it would still run... and it does.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the trigger pull, but the gun is so much fun to shoot that I just don't want to mess with it.

I like the sight picture from the bright yellow-dot sights, but the sights themselves are incredibly cheap. The finish on my pistol is wearing badly in places, but it's not of much concern.

My original plan was to shoot it to failure or destruction given that there is a two-year warranty on it, but the rimfire drought halted that plan. :(

salvadore

This was surprising and painful to the face, ATI fixed it, but only because I'd had it less than two years. What I gather is after two years you're on your own.

Almost forgot, I love the gun and it's pretty accurate too. Sig marked mags cost me $20 bucks a piece when I bought the shooter. How much are they now?

Sevens

Ouch, that's horrendous.

I figure, given the nature of the materials that make up this pistol, shooting it to destruction seems inevitable, but that failure certainly looks dangerous.

Any idea, even an estimate of round count when that went?

delsol

I bought my GSG 1911 22 almost a year ago and shoot it at lease once a week. I love the gun and it shoots almost flawless since removing my CW accessories guide rod and going back to the stock one. I am still using the CW guide rod spring on the stock guide rod. Another nice thing about the gun is that it like's most bulk ammo.