grips and iwb for makarov

RON 1

Just got my first makarov and need to know the best aftermarket grips for it I am left handed and the grips that came on it have the thumb rest this wont work with a lefty (they need to be thin for ccw)..also how about a good inside the waist band holster.any reconmendations.

Strayhorn

Karl Bloss over at makarov.com is the man you need to see. There's tons of info at the site and he has several grips to choose from, along with holsters and other accessories.

As for grips, "best" is a word I usually avoid, but I've found that the East German grips are thin and well-checkered, better than most.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

RON in PA

Makarov.com has all the possible grips. I use the Pierce grips, they make the Mak much more comfrtable to shoot.
Some don't like them because they are on the wide side,but I have small to medium hands and they fit me just fine.

oweno

I put MakaWrap grips on my Bulgarian. I like the looks of the issue grips better but the Makawrap does make it easier to shoot - especially with a hot load (those white-box Russian rounds). In summary, no more sore hand after 50 rounds.

Good luck with yours....

Owen

joebogey

I prefer the feel of the pierce grips although they are a little on the thick side for ccw. The makawrap is a good idea, however I don't really like their appearance. I have a mak that has been nickled that I carry as a ccw. For it I purchased a set of walnut grips that look really nice.
On the holster, you might consider contacting Milt Sparks for a Versa Max II. Great holsters even though the kydex clips are a pain in the butt to get on my pants.