grip suggestions for medium frame taurus?

treg

I have a Taurus 441 which is my main woods gun, sometimes ccw gun. The factory grips are nice but rather large for ccw. They extend about 1/2" past the bottom of the frame and are 1 7/6" wide. I tried some Hogues but they too are rather long and didn't fit right. Any suggestions on some smaller grips that will help tuck that big square butt out of sight?

Ralph2

I have a similar problem with a model 431 the round butt version. Pachmyr had an upscale grip that was wood with a rubber insert but it made the grip too long front to back to be comfy to me. I presently bought some no-name rosewood finger grooved grips at the last gun show and sanded the grooves off them. It has a long bird's head like look right now. I am in the process of getting pics onto my computer to upload later.

Ralph2

Here are the photos. Of course this was done to a round butt not a square one.

grip.jpg

Dainty_44-1.jpg

The Charter Bulldog's (44) are shown for size comparison. Easier to conceal but a little harder to shoot in DA compared to the Taurus.

treg

Nice pics

Thanks for the pics. Very nice ralph2, especialy the older CA grips, I would like the bottom of the grip frame exposed like that. (nice Taurus too btw) Are wooden S+W grips adaptable to Taurus frames?