Grip size comparison

HistoryJunky

Which grip is smaller and in what dimensions, a CZ85 or CZ P09? I'm stuck deciding on which gun I would rather have, but have only held the P09.

Anyone have a side by side comparison?

Cyanide971

Not specifically the couple you were asking about, but instead, the P-01 and P-07:

43bc43bba082aba40bc4eeebb9969dde.jpg

P71pilot

The P09 is a full size high capacity poly framed gun, it holds 19+1 in 9mm. I have held one, and the grip is rather large feeling. Too large for me. I find the cz75/Sp01 much more ergonomic and much more comfortable to hold

HistoryJunky

The P09 is a full size high capacity poly framed gun, it holds 19+1 in 9mm. I have held one, and the grip is rather large feeling. Too large for me. I find the cz75/Sp01 much more ergonomic and much more comfortable to hold

For me it's not about feel. It's about physical size, meaning width of the grip, and the distance to the trigger. I have small hands but could still reach the P09 trigger in DA. I cant find any CZ75 or 85 locally to compare.

Worc

Something to think about is the the P-09 can change out back straps but, the 85 can change out both sides of the grip. What you feel in a shop could change quite a bit depending what is installed on the grip of each model.

HistoryJunky

Something to think about is the the P-09 can change out back straps but, the 85 can change out both sides of the grip. What you feel in a shop could change quite a bit depending what is installed on the grip of each model.

I wish I could know how the 75 felt with a set of thin grips installed -.-

BigJimP

^^^ ...and because you won't know unless you can hold one....ask around at your local range, maybe someone has one...and they'll let you fondle it a little..or maybe even put a few rounds downrange with it.

There are just too many factors../ length of fingers, how much "meat" there is in your hand, an old finger or thumb injury...all of that little stuff....

and a small aftermarket tweak here and there ...on any gun / might make a difference...

Cyanide971

It looks like the P01 grip is thicker. Is that correct? And is the trigger reach greater as well?
HJ, yes, it is a thicker grip, and was even still after I had put about the slimmest possible grip panels on.

3bae035a667584442f93592915c376b1.jpg

Like has already been mentioned, there are many factors concerning the reach for the trigger. Personally, I have small hands, and find the P-07 & P-09 to have just a tiny bit shorter DA trigger reach. This next picture may or may not help, but it might help give you an idea until you can get your hands on one. My apologies for the poor picture quality!

081527ae67d15166987eda56c915b0cb.jpg

HistoryJunky

Welp. I committed on a CZ-85B with my gun dealer... mainly because it just calls to me. I know that I will still want one if I bought the P09.