Grip Recommendation For S&W RB "K" Frame

1tfl

Looking for some grip recommendation for my 3" model 10 with round butt.
Want to use the revolver for CCW so I'm looking for a compact grip of rubber or wood with minimal size. I have average size hand but short fingers so I prefere something that does not cover the back strap.

I found this Hogue in my search but is there anything better... something not so ugly?

62000L.jpg

MADISON

Scaling Down A Ccw Grip

I had a problem with a Pachamyer grip on my 657. I wanted to CCW it but, it was to fat and wanted to show through. I found a small wood grip, like they use to put on model 28's. I took it to the range and COULD NOT EVEN HIT THE TARGET at 15 yards. You have got to be able to hit with any grips you carry!

Jkwas

Pachmyer Compact Professionals!! No Backstrap. Sweet!!

How are those? I have a M10 3in square butt with Hogues. I like the trigger reach but I really don't like their looks. Do the Compact Pros fit good at the backstrap and do they shift around?

Nekron

It looks like you started in the right place (Hogue), you just needed to dig a little further: www.getgrip.com will be the place to go, just look at the WOOD grips and I'll bet you'll find something you like. :)

Golddog

The same Hogue Bantam grip, but in wood, is the best small wood grip for recoil and comfortable handling.

JN01

Using the standard grips with a Tyler T-grip gives a compact profile and looks nice in my opinion.

pogo2

Beauty in functionality

I don't think Hogue Bantam grips are ugly. They are just plain, but their design for their function is outstanding. They give you a soft material to cushion the recoil, attachment with no screw (which is very clever) and minimal size to still get three fingers on the grip. I use them on my model 66:

SW6620.jpg

If I want to show off, I replace them with these Badger walnut grips. But the Hogues are better for carry or shooting.

SW6616.jpg

Dfariswheel

Probably the most compact rubber grip of them all is the Pachmayr Compac "Professional".
It offers a really great grip under all conditions, but is still about as small as you can get.

I like them a lot:
SWModel66.jpg