Griffon 1911-A1...Any Feedback?

Slabside

This 1911 was recommended to me to try. I personally don't have any knowledge about the type (other than what is on the website) and wondered what feedback any of you might have as to it's quality, reliability, etc. At $369, I'm curious.

http://www.sprinco.com/griffon/
(There are several pics of the 1911 here)

Thanks for any info on the weapon or the company.

Slabside

C.R.Sam

I would certainly want to do some serious research on them.
Alarm trigger went off in the first paragraph of their website. They can't subtract and switched 'dealer' and 'distributor' in the same breath.

Sam

Scott Conklin

I only own one ported pistol(a V10) and still don't know if I actually like the feature nor do I know a great deal about it, design wise, but, are those ports not waaay too far back in the slide for ever actually porting the barrel itself? And, for that matter, aren't they too far back from a structural perspective as well? Something just does not look right...in fact, shouldn't they be angled forwards?

sumabich

Hey, it's a 1911, what's the problem?

If it uses the 1911 design and is all forged steel for $369 you can't go wrong, buy one and find out. I know their recoil system is good, have one in another gun. For the price it's worth a try. :D

9x19

Umm, C.R., to pick a nit, there is a difference between the price a "distributor" pays, and the price a "dealer" pays.

Their site says the price "is $10.00 lower than our regular Distributor Cost of $379.95 (regular Dealer Cost is $399.95)." Indeed it is priced at 369.95 (379.95-10.00 does equal 369.95 where I went to college)

Your lack of comprehension should not lead immediately to apprehension about Sprinco. Alan Duggers is a very reputable fellow and the one dealing I had with Griffon USA in Ft. Worth was handled quickly, without argument, and I'm quite pleased with the two specimens I have.

Neither is impeccable of finish, but both are nicely built and of quality materials. They put the Charles Dalys to shame and will make a nice base gun (one) and a nice gift (the other).

FWIW.