• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Greek alphabet help

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
The omega in the Molon labe portion of my sig line is read as a 'W' here on TFL. It is read correctly as an omega at THR. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Mal H

Staff
The omega is an omega as I see the signature. I would suspect that you have an odd font assigned within your browser.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I see it as a 'W' too... on an iMac that doesn't have an up-to-date OS or browser. I suspect that Mal is correct, that the font assigned in each person's browser will affect how it is seen.

Mal H

Staff
Byron, looking at the source code of your signature, it is:
<font size="3"><b><font color="red"><font face="symbol"><br />
MOLWN LABE!</font></font></b></font><br />
So if the "symbol" font isn't available on your machine, you will only see the modern letter equivalent of the Greek letters.

Jason Demond

This is how I see it.
MOLON LABE!

I see the one in my sig line as ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕʹ.

What does mine look like to you guys?

Mal H

Staff
It's Greek to me! ;)

However, yours has an unprintable character after it unlike Byron's. It is probably an exclamation point, but for some reason it comes out as a small square (same as it does in the body of your post).

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Jason's final character looks like an asterisk with the newest Mozilla, but Byron's whole "MOLON LABE" looks just like that--modern english alphabet all the way.

Mal H

Staff
Don, it's your "symbol" font. IOW, there is no translation of the characters as Byron has the words as you describe them in his signature.

Byron - you changed the W to an O, right? Now it's coming out as an omicron. You might want to shamelessly copy the words from Jason's signature and paste in yours. The last character should be an exclamation point.