Great weather for casting.

CrustyFN

It was partly cloudy here. T-shirt weather, not hot and not cold. I figured since I ran out of 200 grain SWC's the other day that today would be a good day to cast a few. I cast 1,000 200 grain SWC's .452 for 45 acp. Now I get to lube them all.

armoredman

Amen to that! The heat is finally slacking off, soon it will be windbreaker, (i.e., winter), weather here, time to go full blast on the lead pot!

TXGunNut

Still a little warm around here-not that I ever let that stop me. I decided to empty a few cases so I could stuff them with fresh boolits in a week or so.:)

zxcvbob

I just came in from the garage with a little over 200 brand new .38 wadcutters. Will lube these tomorrow and try to cast another 300 or so.

shootniron

Yes it is and I have about 1500lbs of wheel weights that I need to render. Time for me to get started, but it will have to be worked in between other things that we do as a family this time of year...hunting, football, softball etc...

TXGunNut

A bit rainy to be casting outside here today but after our drought I'm liking it. Not too rainy or hot to go shooting and I need to do more boolit testing before my next casting session anyway.
Ya'll have fun!

floydster

Chris, so you cast 800 9mm bulets in two hours with a two cavity mold??
I need your secret--the best I can do in that time is around 300 without a break.
Please enlighten me:)

zxcvbob

I was wondering that too; figured he must have a small commercial casting machine knocking them out with a 2-holer mold and just didn't tell us the details. :rolleyes:

TXGunNut

Great weather here this weekend, hasn't even hit 70 yet. Think I'll cast some 50/50 alloy hunting rifle boolits for Thumper, maybe even a few .45 Colt Boolits.