Great Values

Hays

I have a few friends that are contemplating handgun purchases. They want to stay under $350, and want a mid to full-size 9mm for IDPA matches. I've read a lot of posts on this forum and have come up with these options. What am I missing?

CZ 75B
Ruger P95
HS2000
Uzi Jericho

Also, a question about the Jericho. Is this the same gun as the MR Baby Eagle (not just the design, but the manufacturer - same quality)?

Thanks for your input.

jar

Great Value

Despite the opinions of the Seattle Gentleman that shall remain nameless to protect his innocence, the HS2000 (AKA the Croation Sensation or CS2K) is fantastic. They are available at well under $300.00 and certainly the equal if not superior to Glocks costing nearly twice as much.

Tell your friend to try one out. Couldn't do bettter.

[Edited by jar on 03-10-2001 at 08:00 AM]

VictorLouis

While I've not yet had firsthand experience with the HS2K(admitted;)), you did mention IDPA. I'd be hard pressed to believe that one can do better than the CZ75, though you'd like be a smidgen over $350 with sales tax involved. If you do a thread search here, you'll find almost universal accolades for it's excellence in value, reliability, longevity and accuracy. Come see us at http://come.to/czforum.com

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Dollar for dollar, the HS and the Ruger are probably the best values of the guns you mentioned, although for IDPA use, I'd spend a couple more bucks and go with the CZ. (Longer track record, better accessory selection, etc.)

BB

You can get used FN P35 Hi-Powers from AIM for $279.
I think they also have some used SIG 226s for $359.