Great reactive target

AL45

While my son and I were out shooting today, I decided to make a few snowballs from last weekends snowstorm and let my son test his Ar15 on them. They made a nice explosion and no mess to clean up. They are a little hard to come by sometimes though.

shortwave

And you can put food coloring dye in them to make them more visible. :D

Something a group of us do while throwing them up and shooting them with our birdshot loaded Taurus Judges....don't think we'll ever grow up. :eek:

Chuck Dye

I have molded ice targets in various bowls with great success, especially with kids. Even in hot weather good ice chest will keep the targets usable for hours. Bigger targets become smaller targets as they melt, either shorten the range or enjoy that increasing challenge. The kids got a kick out the use of food coloring.

Armed_Chicagoan

Good ideas here! I'll have to try the colored ice some day.

My family has a property in Indiana where I shoot .22s sometimes, nothing but corn fields and woods behind it for over a mile and a half plus I have a very thick wooden backstop I constructed. Lots of walnut trees on the property, my dad says he collected a bunch of walnuts to use as targets so I'll have to give that a try next time I'm out there. Don't know if they'll explode or just go flying, we'll see.