Great Places to Shoot in Dallas, TX / Texas Area?

Jeff Thomas

Friends,

What suggestions can you provide for great places to shoot in the north Dallas, TX / Texas area? Interested in indoor ranges for handgun, as well as outdoor ranges for rifle and shotgun.

[Did a search, but no cigar ... also, you can't search with just 2 letters, such as a state abbreviation.]

Thank you.

Regards from TX

Long Path

If you can find a member of the Dallas Pistol Club in Carrollton, that's a great place to shoot. Quail Creek Range, north of Ft. Worth (FM1171 @ I35W) is decent.

thumbtack

Here is a list of the ranges in or around Dallas, that I know of.

DFW GUN RANGE & TRAINING CTR 1607 W MOCKINGBIRD LN Dallas (214) 630-4866

WINCHESTER PUBLIC SHOOTING RNG 10751 LUNA RD Dallas (972) 556-0164

COLLIN COUNTY GUN RANGE 2452 E UNIVERSITY DR Mc Kinney (972) 562-4911

GIBSON'S OUTPOST CONCEALED 1712 LAWSON RD Mesquite (972) 222-6694

BULLET TRAP INC 2608 K AVE Plano (972) 881-0372

ScottFrench

DFW Gun Range is pretty good. They almost require silhouette targets. I think the targets have to be at least 2 ft by 3 ft. The guys in the shop are nice and helpful. Range fee is $15.

Bass Pro Shops on the other hand doesn't allow silhouette targets at all. Only the smaller bullseye targets. Range fee is $8.

Scott

JohnKSa

Administrator
Don't forget about Targetmasters on Jupiter Road in Garland. An indoor range with distances to 50 yards.

Greybeard

I operate a small, private indoor range 5 miles west of Lewisville. Details at www.dentoncountysports.com.

As far as public ranges go, I usually prefer to take long guns to Backwoods Traps, 10.5 miles east of Denton on south side of 380. They have a 972 phone number. Also generally open 7 days a week. Last time there, talk of possibly 200 yard rifle range next to 100 yarder.

Jeff Thomas

Excellent tips ... thanks so much. Visited the Bullet Trap today, and was very impressed. And, with the list above, I'll have plenty to do, as I can find the time ... lots of work lately, but that is a good thing.

Thank you, and take care.

Regards from TX